1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Game freezing on turn transition (1.0.0.314)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Omega Alden, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Omega Alden

Omega Alden Chieftain

I have an issue that I've been unable to resolve on my own right now. For some reason when I hit a specific turn transition the game gets stuck and does not continue. I'm not sure if it would ever actually crash, but it didn't in the few minutes I left it running hoping it would get unstuck.

I've attached two autosaves. AutoSave_0171 results in immediately running into the issue on my machine. AutoSave_0170 runs into the issue when I move to the next turn. Loading up autosaves from several turns back and getting to the same turn also results in the same behavior. I've tried various things like declaring war/peace differently, moving units around differently, etc. Regardless of what I do it seems to get stuck on the same turn.

Normally for something like this I'd just cut my losses, but it's a game I've been uploading and I'd like to see it through.

Civilization: Sweden
    Game Version: 1.0.0.314 (414696)
    All DLC/expansions installed/enabled
    Production Queue mod installed/active

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

steemroller likes this.
  2. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

Same for me. I can post savegames, if they're useful.

3. ghost88

ghost88 Chieftain

They are always useful, the member dshirk is a Firaxian and comes here often.

4. Janskey

Janskey Chieftain

I loaded the T170 save and proceeded to next turn. It got stuck for a moment but then the next turn started ok. Here's the new save on T171.

Attached Files:

5. LobstaBoy

LobstaBoy Chieftain

Im having this exact issue, only difference is im not using any mods. My game is at t188 and i really dont want to lose it.
    Ive tried loading previous saves (up to 10 turns previous) but it gets to t188 and crashes on turn transition.
    If someone can tell me how to post the save game here? i see the tab marked upload a file but cannot find my steam saved game file.

6. magritte

magritte Chieftain

I have exactly the same problem, although I can avoid it by not allying with the Russians. Basically, what happens in my game is that when I end my turn, Russia pops in and asks to ally and if I accept, Gorgo appears. After I get off the phone with her, the game gets stuck.

I was able to avoid it by refusing the alliance, though. When I ally with the Russians on my own turn, there's no problem.