Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Your on drugs and seeing things

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

skaternate

The Fuzz
It is now 1967 in GOM8 and when just now three of my automated workers returning to York (capitol city, iron works city) got gunned down by MY MECH'S whats up with this! I am losing workers to my own units. Workers shouldn't even be able to attack let alone get gunned down while automated. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If it has any significance I am currently in a nuclear war with china. But I have only lost two units all war. No nuke's have hit me, twelve have hit them. Keeping them from building space ship so I can milk.

Are you sure the workers are not radioactive? This may cause them to be viewed as undesirable immigrants. (just kidding)

It thought this bug was fixed in a previous update, must not have been completely whacked. I don't know what causes the problem. If possible unautomate all your workers, not a great solution but may save your game. Will make your milk run a bit more tedious but thats par for the course.

CB

Others have reported this problem in various places; while it has never happened to me (I don't automate workers) it appears that the problem of friendly fire has not been completely solved by Firaxis. Kind of weird, but it doesn't sound like it's destroying your game or anything. I guess for now you should just ignore it, and hope that it will be fixed in the next patch.

The real damage to your milking would be the negative effect on your citizens' happiness. Do you see frowny faces next to your garrisoned units?

You should reload from the previous turn and see if the bug persists. I believe this would be a legitimate reload, and may (hopefully) solve the problem.

Happened about 1980 in my gotm8 as well...... Reloading has not solved this problem, It happens sbout every 5th game i play. As an interesting side note though..... check the city it is occuring in. In my game the japs had 1 city left on 1 of the northern islands.
Yet in my completely landlocked city that the units commited the friendly fire from, if there was a unit stationed in the city at all, there was also a japanese battleship stationed there.

I know this is impossible, i only wish i had saved a screenshot to back up this occurance. I changed units,types of units, fortified, not fortified, it didnt matter, if there was a unit in the city, there was a jap battleship as well(no i couldnt get control of this battleship).

so no the friendly fire problem has not been solved as yet.

But, I did end up getting a GL off of one of my murdered workers, unfortunately all wonders were done by this point, and all other civs were gone except 1 japanese city

Top Bottom