1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game halted at turn 850AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Yndy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

CGN halted the game. Their message to the Admins was BCC-ed to us. Please bear in mind that this correspondence is private and there was no public announcement about it. It is also private that we have received it. There will be no comment about this outside of this forum.
    A link to the Turn tracker forum might be appropriate. http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/site/mpm/viewtopic.php?p=2752#2752

2. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

*sigh*

This is what kills the game. IMHO this isn't worth continuing.. and I said that at the CGN alliance forums.

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Look forward to the next turn in February, folks.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Let me get this straight. CDG was the first team to get their butt kicked, Right? Then we were forced to ally with them and had to give them some of our land? And now their trying to disrupt this dying and dwindling game. :rolleyes: Now I remember why I left.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Edit: Removed Content

6. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

The discussion in the CGN alliance forum is going towards our Alliance terminating this game. Lucky's posts in the Turn Tracker are not helping at all.

For ther record I think CDG is to blame as well but this is leading us nowhere. Based on the close vote last time, me changing my vote would be enough to agree on behalf of CFC that this game is to be terminated if this issue is not resolved and if Poly also agrees on termination.

If you're against this decision please voice your opinion.

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Personally speaking, I think it'd be a shame to see this game end before the true end. The fat lady has yet to sing, and the CFC-APO-CGN alliance has a fighting chance, either at a spaceship launch or a UN vote. A well planned prebuild operation, a dash to fission, and an agreement amongst ourselves to vote for a single member of our allinace would win, 3-2, for example.

I agree, though, that GCA's behavior has been completely unacceptable. If some of the more inflammatory posts were here at CFC, they would have been permbanned in an instant. CGN has every right to demand such respect. Of course, though, it goes without saying that CGN should return the respectful attitude.

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Edit: Removed Content

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I would have to go with Octvian's UN plan. We'll see it in 2008, but it will be worth it!

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Then do something to achieve this! The current officials aren't interested in continuing.

If you don't do something now, the game will end.

Note that.

11. Cyc

"This deal is about to end. I recommend that we give it a decent burial and get on with business."

12. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

NEVER! THIS GAME CAN NOT END!!!!

We have done too much! Think about the people who led our nation during the GCA war! Those do not want thier time to be for nothing. Think about when us and poly were uneasy. Think about how we got CDG against GCA! We have done many teams never have done. that year plus cannot just do due to lack of interest! I say we keep this going, as far as we can. If GCA, GWT, APO, CGN don't want to, and force us to end, then so be it. But let my team not have a hand in it.

13. Cyc

Hey Emp. Napoleon, look at it this way. How many civilizations ended in and will always be remembered in their Golden Age? What a way to go... :thumbsup:

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I posted this in the final poll thread:
    It looks like it'll just be Emp. and I if this somehow flies with everyone.