1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is crashing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by LuckyLuke73, Oct 30, 2016.

1. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

If that is the case maybe clearing the cache folder might work as well, I haven't had a crash recently but I will try that if/when I do.

2. delez

delez Chieftain

hoping that someone of 2k read this topic, I have the same problem. The game crashes in 2017 to 2018, after hours of play. I'm sure that my money don't crash.... It's a real scandal.

3. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Okay I just had a crash when loading a game. Deleted the cache and it progressed to the next turn, so maybe a cache problem

4. Shihtzustaff7

Shihtzustaff7 Chieftain

I am having the same problem with the game crashing all the time. I cleared out the cache folder and I got a couple of hours out of it. I am really getting good at early game play! I can't wait until they actually launch a patch that works. Anyone have any other ideas about what to do? I am running the game on a Mac that meets the requirements. I am using the App store version. Does anyone know if Steam is more stable?

5. Cruncher665

Cruncher665 Chieftain

I've had a crash with every game I've played but two. Today I was on turn 438--farthest I've made it. Re-loaded tried different moves, still a crash. I'm done with support tickets and reading dozens and dozens of threads like this one. No fix works for me so I'm going to give up the game. I certainly am not a happy customer.

EDIT: I looked at crash logs. It looks like the age-old ntldll.dll problem. Oh well.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  6. Sitalkas

Sitalkas Prince

I am gettind DX11 and DX12 crashes (display device errors) though all other games I have are getting fine on ultra settings (WoW, MGSV, Rome 2 total war for example). I have tried lowering my settings on Civ6 but the crashes are still there.. Any thoughts? Where can I find the crash logs?

7. johnny_rico

johnny_rico one more turn addict

i found the dmp file here (straight from 2k)

• A copy of your game's .DMP file (generally available at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\CivilizationVI.exe.dmp)

8. Sitalkas

Sitalkas Prince

Weird, there is no such file in the directory..

Anyway, I found something and it worked for me:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/8870/discussions/0/828934724090557861/

I tried solution 1 and now I am getting no crashes. I hope it helps

9. Simo

Simo Warlord

I can definitely confirm there is an issue with spies similar to the stuck spy thread above. If capturing a city crashes the game and you cant find the 'stuck' spy to get rid of, check for captured spies. In my case I could repeat the crash 100% any turn I tried to capture Paris. I looked for the 'stuck' spy only to find France has 3 of my spies captured. In the espionage screen I was able to use the 'trade' spy tool to pay off France to return them without having to negotiate peace and then was able to capture Paris with no crash.

So check your espionage screens for any spy's, active or captured it is definitely an issue if it is city capture crashes.