1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game just stopped working properly last night?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by schulni, Dec 3, 2020.

1. schulni

schulni Chieftain

Hi all,

I had an odd thing happen last night when I went to play: the game had changed in some striking ways. The first is that the mod I usually play with didn't load automatically. The second is that the game was barely able to run - it was like I was playing on a really old computer that couldn't handle the graphics. Everything was incredibly sluggish. I was playing with three other people and my game slowed theirs down as well.

The only thing that I can think of that changed in the week since I played last was that I installed regular Windows updates right before playing.

I'm not the most tech savvy, as you probably tell from this post, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

2. Ramkhamhaeng

Ramkhamhaeng Warlord

Hello Schulni,

sounds like the rendering is done in software mode (fallback evaluated by CPU instead of GPU). So you could try to (re-)install DirectX9c (Still required if you had installed newer versions of DirectX!) and check if your graphic card drivers has changed.