Game keeps asking me to share Nintendo Account Information

flut1

Chieftain
I was wondering if anyone else is running into the same issue. Every time I launch Civ 6 on Switch, I get the following prompt:

"
Sharing of Nintendo Account Information

If you agree, 2K Account will have access to the following information.

[ Cancel ] [ I Agree ]
"

Regardless of if I tap "Cancel" or "I agree", I keep getting this prompt every time I try to start the game. What's worse, if I click "I agree", I get an email from Nintendo notifying me of the shared information. I already have 15 of these emails in my inbox :(

The prompt also takes quite long to load, so launching the game takes a lot longer. If I have no Wi-Fi connection, it's even worse. I will get a "Unable to connect to network device" error. I have to cancel out of that, which will open my Wi-Fi settings menu, which I also have to close.

The main menu shows a "my 2K" logo in the bottom right, which always says "offline", even if I have a network connection and I agreed to share information. Is this working for anyone? What's this "My 2K" supposed to do?

It prompted on my copy for maybe five first times starting the game and then stopped. It was weird sure. I dont have 2k account I tried to sign in but it failed, after that the sharing thing went away. :)

I actually linked my Nintendo account to the my2K account I created through the my2K website on the day I bought the game. And this pretty much linked my console to the my2K cloud service and the game never asked me about that afterwards.

I actually linked my Nintendo account to the my2K account I created through the my2K website on the day I bought the game. And this pretty much linked my console to the my2K cloud service and the game never asked me about that afterwards.

Thanks for the suggestion! I created an account on the 2K website and linked it, but unfortunately that did not solve the issue for me :(

Did you ever find an answer to this? I get the same thing on my switch .

What bothers is that the game doesn't support Nintendo cloud saves so you have to use my2k but my2k always appears offline.

Olly

I get the same prompt every freaking time. I already gave up and just accepted it...Really weird and I don't want to create an account at 2k.

Btw. I really hope they anounce R&F for the switch when GS gets released and I wouldn't complain if they make a double pack with R&F and GS :crazyeye:

I have just set up a 2K account using my Nintendo ID and then it asked me to link a platform. So I selected to link my Nintendo switch only to be given an error saying the Nintendo is already linked to another 2K account and I need to unlink it!
So I haven’t a clue what’s going on as I haven’t any other 2K account.
I’ve contacted 2K support but I doubt I will receive any response.

I’m guessing the only advantage is having the 2K online in game so cloud saves can occur.

I have just set up a 2K account using my Nintendo ID and then it asked me to link a platform. So I selected to link my Nintendo switch only to be given an error saying the Nintendo is already linked to another 2K account and I need to unlink it!
So I haven’t a clue what’s going on as I haven’t any other 2K account.
I’ve contacted 2K support but I doubt I will receive any response.

I’m guessing the only advantage is having the 2K online in game so cloud saves can occur.

This was the reply I have just received from 2K support:

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at 2K Support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles linking your Nintendo account with a 2K Account. I know how concerning this must be.

We are aware that this is happening with other players and we are currently looking into it. Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact ETA as to when this will be fixed, so I really appreciate your patience on this matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime, feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Richard T.
2K Support

So this appears to be a known problem with Nintendo accounts and 2K and it looks as though they aren't that bothered.

I managed to solve it a couple of weeks ago. I also sent what I did to 2K support, but it doesn't seem like they're sharing it with other users with the same problem. Here's what I did:

On the prompt, I was now able to click a blue link that said "View service details and edit shared information". Then there was a checkbox saying "Date of birth" that was unchecked. I checked it and from there on, everything works great. I can also connect to my My2K account from the game now.Strange thing is I'm pretty sure this wasn't possible before, as I tried many different ways to make the prompt go away.

I managed to solve it a couple of weeks ago. I also sent what I did to 2K support, but it doesn't seem like they're sharing it with other users with the same problem. Here's what I did:

On the prompt, I was now able to click a blue link that said "View service details and edit shared information". Then there was a checkbox saying "Date of birth" that was unchecked. I checked it and from there on, everything works great. I can also connect to my My2K account from the game now.Strange thing is I'm pretty sure this wasn't possible before, as I tried many different ways to make the prompt go away.
This solved it fo me too. Is there a way to move flut1's post near the top since it seems to be an obscure solution and would have saved me a headache if I had found it!

Top Bottom