Game lenght...

Yellonet

Chieftain
Can you somehow make the game slower?
I mean more turns and so on, because now I will finish a game in 2-3 days compared to having literally weeks of playtime with the first Civ game (haven't really played 2 and 3 much).

I mean, not just make the game have more turns, but the technologies must also require much more research points... I'd say it would be good if the game took ten times as long time to get through.

What I really miss is that you don't really 'stay' in an era for very long.. like for instance I would like to be able to stay in the middle ages for a good while and waging war with long bow men, knights and catapults... then you get cannons... musketmen and so on. As it is now you almost don't have time to build the troops before you get something better.
Do you know what I mean?

So, what I want is this: Time should go by ten times as slow. Every invention/tech should take at least ten times as long to research. Building times should stay the same.
This would enable much more drawn out games without the stress which I feel now when I play.. gotta do that now, gotta do this now.. fast fast fast!
And you would actually have time to build, wage war, make peace, find new land, build new cities and so on, without having to see hundreds of years pass by before you can even get started on some of you projects.

Take a look at this thread....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138005

I agree with everything that you have written and I am finding it a little difficult to enjoy the faster aspects of gameplay over the longevity that I did enjoy from a Civ 3 game.

I have found that it does demand a different style of playing over that of Civ 3, I can only hope that mods like the one that I have linked for you mature enough to iron out the issues that seem to be causing a few problems for them.

Using the "epic" game speed has nothing of value to make sure that by the time your ultra modern stack of Axemen aren't facing a stack of modern armour by the time they have crossed a huge map...!!!!

You are not alone, Yellonet. Many here share your view and feel that even "epic" mode is hardly correctly named.

You might find help in the modification forums here. AFAIK some have already done quite a bit of work in order to fix exactly what you criticise.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Edit: Yep, I'm playing an epic game since 2 days... I'm quite close to the end now :(

i modded unit training at epic speed from 150 to 100, so units costs 2/3th of their original price. this means more and faster units.

Top Bottom