Game length ?

Graiskye

Chieftain
Afternoon everyone, I was just curious what the average game length is in FFH. I am currently at turn 350, playing on Warlord, its only like my 3rd game(7 civs, standard size Fantasy map), will be trying noble next game as I am in the lead handily.
Thoughts on game length ?
-G.

For me, on normal speed, it is usually 250 to 450 turns. Sometimes I've de facto won the game but it can take some extra time to get an official victory; but you likely will get wildly different answers to this question.

Obviously it takes longer on epic or marathon settings.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hey.
I started to play ffh some weeks ago and my games tended to last around 550 to 700 turns. I played standard map size and epic game speed.
I think it depends on your strategy and how you like to play and of course how good you can handle the difficulty you play. 550 was one of my first games on noble or prince and 700 my first emperor game. I tried to build up a good economy and tech advantage until I crushed the world which probably prolonged my games. Some sort of early rushing strategy would certainly make for a shorter game.

cheers

thanks for replies thus far. As far as strategy, I am a builder/defender more so than anything else. I am really just trying to get a feel for as many of the civs as possible. Net game I willl ramp up to noble see how it goes.
Still curious as to others games, how many turns do they end up around, what kind of victories ?
And please excuse any noobishness, cant be helped at the stage. I realize I am coming into the mod at the end of its likely run, but it is still hella fun, quite an achievement this mod is.

Yeah I'm still almost shocked how much good content this mod has :crazyeye:
Have you noticed how much stories they wrote for everything? There are several books written in the civilopedia of the mod... units, buildings, etc. Especially the texts for every leader, the cycles like the mammon cycle(on part is in the spell escape) and the ffh history... and everything provides a good read and forms a huge believable world. Its just crazy. I probably like this mod so much not because of its great strategy content but for this world that lets me dream somehow while I'm pushing around my stacks of doom :D

On Topic ^^: My victories were all conquest or domination.

I always play on normal speed. Game length however depends upon map size. I'll handily win a domination victory on a small map around turn 200-250. For standard map sizes, actual victory usually comes between turn 350-400. Usually however, I stop around turn 250, because at that point the computer has no hope of defeating me (and especially playing multiplayer, OOS's strike fairly regularly around that time). Note, I usually end up going for a domination victory, though often I'll look at the score, realize that I control 60% of the world population, but 40% of the land area, and then race between finishing a domination victory and smashing out an altar/cultural/ToM victory. Usually, domination wins... I could of course go for conquest, but I hate leaving all that wide open land...

-Colin

I rarely finish games, I ormally defacto-win around turn 300 on imortal. I normally lose interest after beating the AI to a pulp, owning 50%+ of the world, having a few unbeatable SOD at higher tec tier then the opponents, and left with just the boring task of finishing off the last bit of the pathetic AI. I then get an idea on how i want to play antoher race and forget about the game.

Top Bottom