1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Game lock after trebuchet bombards

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by Titanikus, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Titanikus

Titanikus Chieftain

Playing: Scenario Alliances, Byzantium, 10th turn.

Trebuchet unit selected. I pressed "G" and then Shift + "B".

The game entered an infinite loop with the bombard animation for the trebuchet, and has to be killed from the task windows.

Windows 98 SE with latest patches. C3C Ver 1.00.

Note: I was trying to reproduce a minor bug described somewhere on this forum that say that trebuchets can bombard anywhere on the map after pressing "g" and then "b". ( I added the shift looking for the actual effect ).

2. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Can you provide a game save where this takes place?

3. Beam

Beam Beat 'm up Scotty! Retired Moderator

This looks a lot like the Indecisive Worker Infinite Loop.

4. Isak

Isak Civ4 Scenario Designer

This must be more connected to the Infinite worker loop than to the 'Bombard Anywhere' cheat. I couldn't make the game crash in a test scenario I set up, so anyone with a good savegame that reproduces this bug, please upload it.

5. Isak

Isak Civ4 Scenario Designer

Apparently this is related to having Win98 SE installed. Could a few Win98 SE users please try to see if they can reproduce it. And of course if a few non-Win98 SE users can reproduce it too, please report that as well. :)