Game Loss

HoboCop

Chieftain
So when you lose a game, how do you tell who won and how? It doesn't say in any obvious way that I can find. Granted, if you are paying attention you'll see it coming, but still, shouldn't the game show you the winner?

There wont always be a winner if you define winning as meeting the victory conditions, I presume you mean the civ with the highest score at the time you exit the game. I think you'll have to load an autosave just before you lose and look at the scores.

First Civ 6 game I played, as Teddy on Prince (I play emperor now). Continents map which is my usual. Scythia overrun her continent then won with religion. I don't remember how close I was to my cultural victory at the time.

Right, so not when the game ends at turn 500, when it ends abruptly at turn 384 or whatever. Loading from an autosave is probably the right answer though, it'd be nice if they just put it on the replay screen.

Right. Another thing missing. They gotta tell you who won and how...

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous it doesn't show it on the stats & info screen. Until it's added you need to constantly watch the victory progress tab in your games

Right. Another thing missing. They gotta tell you who won and how...
Yup. On my first Let's Play as Arabia this happened. Around turn 300-something, America won through a cultural victory. It confused me because it showed the video of my cities in ruins....as if I was conqurored by another civ. So...I'm sitting there wondering what happened - reload the last auto-save and had to click through each victory condition to find out that America won by culture (which makes no sense to show my cities in ruins...). Very annoying because one can easily think it is some kind of bug or mistake.

Has anyone ever played this game to 500 turns? I can't imagine playing that long.

Yeah it's strange it would show your cities in ruins. I'm not sure what else they could show. Maybe show millions of your citizens leaving (emigrating from) your civilization to the winning civilization. Have them making nasty comments about you as they leave. :lol:

Top Bottom