1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game needs 'little dot' animations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by El Caballerion, Apr 17, 2019.

1. El Caballerion

El Caballerion Chieftain

As someone who is slowly letting CIV 6 work its charm on me, I've noticed something. The Entertainment Complex Arena is the only place where you can see people (represented as dots) interacting and moving about in their seats. I'd love it if you could see little dots on the game's roads, farms, mines, districts, etc., going to and fro. Right now, everything looks like an abandoned ghost town. Even a game like Shogun 2, has little Japanese people moving carts around on trade routes.

What would also be cool is if these dots could run away from an enemy one hex away. It doesn't change gameplay, but would make the world look more populated.

borad, Morningcalm, Bitterman and 5 others like this.
  2. Bitterman

Bitterman Chieftain

This is a nice idea and I don't think it would be that difficult to implement in a mod.

3. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Little dots running away from out-of-scale units is silly. It's not city simulator.

4. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Agree, the proportions would make it weird.

5. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

To me the proportions are already weird. A theatre square is as large as three cows, which is taller than a car, which is a few percent of a warrior, which is about the size of a submarine...

I would love nothing more than the entire game to be to perfect scale. Tiny warriors, but a lot of them (yes, I know R.E.D., but still), that move through the jungles. Scouts are shown by various parties moving fluently across the map. Cities and world wonders could be smaller too, but still take up a whole district. Imagine the Pyramids to scale, but then just more fluff graphics around it to make the tile something truly unique.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They do have little carts that run on tracks for the mines when you are working them. But not people. If done well, it could be a cute addition. But not high on my list.

7. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

I can't imagine this looking very good. As others have said, it would be weird and jarring with the proportions.

What would give me more immersion would be maybe some more of the minor animal models. We already have birds flying around the holy site. Some squirrels or something scurrying around forests would be a nice touch too.

8. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Arabian King

There should be at least a little governor animated on each governed city.

9. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

Proportions reminds me of medieval war drawings and I kind like it.