Game Not Giving Me Fur

Dorr

Chieftain
Since CivIV has been around a while I assume this issue has been brought up but I can't spend all day looking for the thread. When I build a camp to acquire fur the resource is not given. The resource is there, I've built a camp, but it is not counted as one of my resources. This has been consistent with multiple leaders/civs. Is there a patch or upgrade that I am missing? I'm not the most literate person on patches and upgrades...This game has a button to check for upgrades and I use it but it says that none are available and that's really about all I know. Please help...I need my fur! :p

Have you connected the camp to your capital? If both camp and capital are coastal you can connect by water by researching sailing. If they are both on the same river, they should connect, as long as there is no intervening closed border on the river. Otherwise you must build a road or railroad on the camp tile that connects to your general road (or rail) network.

If it is later in the game and you have already researched plastics, that eliminates fur as a resource.

It never fails...Every time I have an issue with something and reach the point that I need to ask I always wind up feeling stupid because the answer was right in front of me the whole time. I evidently did not pay close enough attention when reading the description of "plastics". smdh

Thank you!

Top Bottom