Game not loading on DGPU

Arnaud de Caumont

Chieftain
Hello all,

My first post here. I have a Gigabyte laptop running a GTX1060 with Nvidia Optimus balancing the use of Intel integrated graphics and the dedicated gpu. However, I can only run Civ 6 on the integrated gpu, by going to Device Manager and disabling the GTX card. Whenever it is enabled, the game will not load (on DX12 or not).

I have the latest nvidia drivers installed, as well as vcredist 2010 to 2015 in x64 and x86, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and frankly don't know what to do next.

To be more precise: I launch the game, it then appears in Task Manager as a background process with very little cpu/mem usage, then nothing for about 10 minutes, before I get a black screen and when clicking Windows tells me the program is no longer responding...

Please give me any tips you have to help me take advantage of my card instead of running on integrated graphics...

PS: I have not tried any other game

Thanks,
Arnaud de Caumont

Okay, DirectX needed to be reinstalled from the exe found in the game install folder. Now I'm facing another problem with my graphics card crashing upon startup... And I'm not using Windows Defender.

Top Bottom