1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

game not responding during AI turns

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by JPetroski, May 1, 2018.

1. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

Does anyone else have an issue with a newer PC (Windows 10) where the game stops responding during AI turns? I can hear what is going on but can't actually see the attacks. The game snaps to after everything settles down and I can carry on, but it makes it challenging playing.

Just wondering if there are any settings I can try to eliminate this.

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

With Win 10 and TOTPP (0.13) my turns become slower and slower when playing a game. When I restart Civ 2 ToT with ToTPP, the next turns recover to normal speed before again slowing down. The task-column (I don´t know the proper English term for it) below the Civ Window, hosting the icons for other games, is flickering, but I never had a complete 'black-out' of the game´s graphics. I don´t have those problems when playing Civ 2 ToT with Win 10 and not using ToTPP. Can it be, that here is a kind of a memory leak with ToTPP?

Last edited: May 4, 2018