1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game not starting but no error message

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Cheeseisgood, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Cheeseisgood

Cheeseisgood Warlord

Hey all,

Was hoping people might be able to shed some light on this.

I haven't played Civ V for a month or two now and figured I'd try and get back into it in anticipation of the expansion. Only problem is I can't play the game. Nothing's really changed inbetween when it was working fine and now, when it's not working so I'm a bit stumped as to what the problem is.

When I launch the game, I get the Direct X launcher, but no matter which of the two launch options I choose, nothing happens. Nothing pops up and no processes are started in the task manager. I'm a bit lost as to why this may be happening or how I can solve it. I'm not having this issue with any other Steam games, nor has anything really changed with my computer since the last time I've played it, bar updating my graphics drivers to the lastest versions. (I'm using Radeon HD 5500 series if it matters)

Any ideas?

Many thanks. :)

EDIT - Have tried updating DirectX via the launcher in Steam/SteamApps/common/Civilization V folder, no effect.

Ok Sorted it. But have no idea how to delete this post. Apologies.

Solution was to verify game files by steam. Whoops! ;)