1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Polities (Interactive AAR)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by dot80, Apr 6, 2019.

1. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Welcome to Game of Polities! An interactive after action report in the same vein of Government and Politics and Children of the Emperor, you will lead a group of followers to gain control of the levers of power, and steer our civilization to greatness.

Please respond to this thread with your interest. I would like to have 5 players to begin (including myself).

Once we have 5 players, I will post the first set of decisions. These decisions will determine the game settings we use, and will be decided by majority voting.

Spoiler Rules :
    After Action Reports:
    • Every 10 turns in game I will update the thread with an after action report (AAR). The AAR will include a list of decisions that need to be made for the next 10 turns.
    • We will prepare a list of orders in response to the previous AAR to guide me for the next 10 turns in game.
    • Which player has the power to make decisions will be based on the current form of government our civilization has adopted.
    • How often I provide AARs can be changed through unanimous player support (for example every 15 turns, every 20 turns, each time a major decision has to be made, etc).

Players
    • Each player will lead a group of NPC followers.
    • The number of followers you have, and the characteristics of those followers, will determine what influence you have to make decisions.
    • Alongside the AAR posted in the game thread, you will receive a personal AAR with a list of decisions and possible actions.
    • You will gain (or lose) followers based upon your actions and in-game events.
    • You can perform two actions in response to each AAR.

Governments
    • The government chosen in game will largely determine how the forum game operates.
    • When a new form of government is selected in-game, I will post a new set of rules to govern the forum game.

General Rules and Guidelines
    • Please post action orders and game decisions in the thread.
    • The next set of turns will commence once all orders are received, or 5 days have passed.
    • Actions are processed in the order they are received.
    • I will always process my actions last.
    • Role-playing and storywriting is always encouraged.
    • Please be nice :).

Spoiler Note from the GM :
    I am excited to launch Game of Polities! For those of you who have not had a chance to play an IAAR on CivFanatics, I hope recreate an experience that peaked in the Civ V Stories and Let’s Plays forum. These games were very popular and long running. They took a few forms. Governments and Politics was the ultimate story-driven roleplay game run by Civleader. Children of the Emperor was an extremely popular stats and rng-based forum game run by Yahzuk. Realpolitik was a fantastic democracy-simulation game started on this forum by Lighthearter, and reimagined in multiple forms by many GMs. It is in the spirit of these that I have created this game.

For those of you who have played IAARs in the past, I welcome you back! I hope to reignite a community, and bring back some of the magic that made these games so fun in the past. Please feel free to offer your feedback on game mechanics, and propose changes that might make the game more fun from your past experiences. One notable departure from past games I’ve played is that I will be participating as a player in this game. (I think Yahzuk may have done this as well). Hopefully this will make things more interesting, and keep the game going longer! Let’s keep the game going until we make it to a victory!

2. Hamilton321

Hamilton321 Chieftain

I would be interested in this if there are enough people who would be willing to play.

3. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Hey Hamilton! Glad to hear someone is interested. Please invite any friends you think may also be interested.

Once we get to 5 people we can start the game!

4. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Last call. Would still like to get this going!

5. twinfacer

twinfacer Chieftain

Never plays IAAR's but I will like to try it out. Sign me in =)

6. TMS2224

TMS2224 Chieftain

If it’s still an option, I’m down. I remember GaP fondly

7. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Glad to see there is some more interest! I am definitely still interested in this idea if we can get a group together.

Assuming Hamilton321 is still interested, that gives us 4/5.

TMS2224 likes this.
  8. Shaleghi

Shaleghi Chieftain

Well since you only need one more, count me in. I played lots of civ but not this way before

9. dot80

dot80 Chieftain

Hello Shaleghi! Glad to see there are a few that are still interested in this type of forum game. With you that would make five of us, but now I’m not sure the others are still around an interested. I will reach out to everybody via private messge. If I get affirmative responses back then we can start the game :)

10. junctureengraving

junctureengraving Chieftain

Are you guys done? Is there any chance to join you in the game and I would be glad if I can join you.