1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of the Week, July 13, tips with Russian (Videos)

Discussion in 'CivRev - Game of the Week' started by KAZUY4, Jul 14, 2008.

1. KAZUY4

KAZUY4 Warlord

I'm not a big fan of SP games, but unfortunately I did not have time to play MP the last couple of days. So I decide to take a look to the game of the week.
    Very funny game, I only played twice, one in Deity and another in Emperor. I have some tips to success in this GTW in high levels of difficulty.
    Have fun.

GTW Part 1
    GTW Part 2
    GTW Part 3
    GTW Part 4
    GTW Part 5

2. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

Cool :goodjob:

Later this week, I'll post a step-by-step walkthough for a 2700BC cheiftain win. Quiet those people saying 'GOTW HACKERS!!111!' :mischief:

If only I had a video capture card, I would totally make videos.

3. KAZUY4

KAZUY4 Warlord

Well, I do not have a capture card either, I just using my photo camera :D

4. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

Sweet, I've been played this for some time, at 1900, I'd love to know the answer.

I have a capture card, If only I had mad Civ Skills I'd totally make videos.:lol:

5. tfstone

tfstone Chieftain

I am stuck at 300 BC. I cannot imagine a 2700 BC victory at all.... Please post your tutorial :)

6. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

I'm stuck at 1900Bc, so I'm with you. But here's a couple of things. Change your workers to produce, no growth. If a city isn't producing units, it should produce gold for the city that does, or will. If you know your going to capture a city, check the others you have, a city producing an offensive unit too far way to engage battle is waste, switch to gold, and next time you play remember to switch earlier.
    There's a few more things, but hey, the week isn't done yet, and even at my mere 1900, I'd like to keep the spot I got too. I am also missing some critical aspect to the game, since everything I try results to the same time line, or worse.
    Yep Puzzle of the week sounds more like it.

7. jayeffaar

jayeffaar Warlord

Like several others around here, I can't wait to see that.

There must be something crucial I don't understand about this game because at this point, winning by 2700BC doesn't just look very hard, it looks absolutely, positively impossible. Obviously, I must be wrong and I can't wait to see what I'm missing.

[Edited to add that I just saw sigmakan's walkthrough in another thread and I'm glad to admit that my first impression was wrong. What seemed impossible is indeed quite doable. Sorry about this post.]

8. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

I think the thing to remember on this board is that on the high levels the world is against you. Turtle up and gain exp for your units by getting attacked in your home cities, eventually the attacking civs will tire out, have a couple good siege unit armies ready for when they do.