Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
Let the games begin again.

There's a trailer?

I only know of that statue teaser, the 1 second of Sansa hugging Jon and starring at Dany and these promotional photos: http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-releases-first-promotional-photos-season-8/

But i also didn't really follow all the spoilers, 2 years have been a long time after all. I expect a good ending with too much action instead of plot, but I will still look forward to the books (if ever).

Haven't seen any spoilers, but I got my own theories and prediction.
Pretty sure that Daenerys is going to get crazier and John Snow will have ti kill.
I also fear there are going to be some more psychic time travel shenanigans with Bran.

Sixty-six days to go!

I've only seen that one trailer with fire and ice waves destroying everything and crashing together. And if you watch that, you'll see them sort of freeze together, and it makes me think: I wonder if that's how The Wall started? Like imagine a huge battle between ice and fire happening up north, and that giant wall being created by their collision ...

And Daenerys is obviously going to win. Jon's going to sacrifice himself, he'd never do that to someone else. And as long as Brienne and Jaime get married I'll be happy.

Anything could happen in my opinion. We could see the end of the world, we could see the walkers finally defeated, or we could see like this round of walkers defeated but they simply retreat like after the last long night, setting up for the same thing to happen again in another 5000 years. Hell, we could see the ghost grass from beyond ashai cover the world and end it and I wouldn't be surprised. Do you remember in season 1 when nan is telling bran stories and rob comes in and says she once told me the sky is blue because we all live in the eye of a blue eye'd giant named micombra or something similar? There's a fan theory that that is true, and they try to back it up by watching the intro with the map scrolling. If you watch it it appears concave like looking into a bowl... or being inside a sphere... an eye of a giant... Anyway that one is a little too out there for me but nothing would really shock me. If they kill of everyone I wouldn't be shocked. If Jon and Dany wed and restart a long line of incestuous targaryens I wouldn't even blink. Anything can happen!

I watched all the seasons as they came out and had never rewatched any of them until last year. I decided I needed a refresher so I want all of 1-6 again in order before watching 7. It was well worth it. You forget a ton of the details of plots and how much things change. It's also interesting to me to see all the children age like Arya and Bran. So I'm doing it again this year. So far done with first four episodes. I basically have to watch one a day to be done by the premiere. If I wasn't working out so much I don't think I could do it, but I watch while I use the elliptical. I can't wait to get to 6 and 7 again and those are the ones I remember least I'd say, despite being newer.

Iirc tyrion's actors said he was disappointed by the ending (which he knows).

No way to please everyone. There's only been one tv show ever that I think had a universally loved ending and that was breaking bad. All the others either wrap up too neatly, or don't provide enough resolution, or whatever. It's going to be impossible for thrones to tidy stuff up without just copping out.

Um is that one book that this guy started like 40 years ago coming out any time soon? Like a friend was asking or something. I think it was about winter or something too I don't really remember though he just said something about books being better.

Iirc even if grrm would publish the new book (which all signs tell he wont) it was to be one of two remaining to finish the series (?)
I dont blame him for giving up; the hbo series likely has far far more viewers than he has readers and he seems fed up with the story anyway; which is why he keeps comparing himself to the author of dune.

Iirc even if grrm would publish the new book (which all signs tell he wont) it was to be one of two remaining to finish the series (?)
I dont blame him for giving up; the hbo series likely has far far more viewers than he has readers and he seems fed up with the story anyway; which is why he keeps comparing himself to the author of dune.

I'm certainly fed up with the story, lets face it, its a soap. Charles Dance was the best thing about it and they killed him ages ago.

I liked Seinfeld ending. Don't know why people hated it so much.

How you dare? :mad:

Seinfeld was the peak of human civilization. Exactly at "The soup nazi", it has been all downhill since then.

That would be the smart way to bet. Someone explained to me that it was more lucrative for him not to write it since he gets a cut from the show. I don't know if I followed it completely but that would make sense for his reluctance to do it.

Top Bottom