1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I am still an episode behind but I'm guessing Gendry and Arya get it on ( well as much as two of the most uptight characters in the series can get it on).

2. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

Don't be silly.

It's Arya and the Hound. :mischief:

Owen Glyndwr, AmazonQueen and rah like this.
  3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Sounds more likely than Gendry getting his nerve up.

4. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

:rotfl:
    Enjoy the episode.

5. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Poor Tormund, he finally thinks hes getting somewhere and Jamie trumps him by knighting Brienne

Sommerswerd, Sofista and Kyriakos like this.
  6. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Another solid episode. It had a very lead up to the battle of Healms Deep feel to it.

Sommerswerd and Birdjaguar like this.
  7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

It was also a great "farewell" episode... in one of the extra-content videos I saw one of the writers/directors(?) actually specifically referred to it as a farewell to all these characters we've all known and loved so much.

Great episode all around. I'm sad for this show to be ending :cry:

8. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

I guess death is on the march.

9. Colon

Colon Chieftain

Maybe the most beautiful episode of the whole series. I'm not sure I have the courage to watch the next. It's going to be gut wrenching.

10. Yeekim

Yeekim Warlord

In my book, Night King has higher odds of surviving the next episode than any other character.

11. mitsho

mitsho Chieftain

Yeah, the Night King can't already die, there needs to be some sort of middle ground after the battle so they can do a desperation-resolve arc still.

But we haven't seen any footage from after the battle in the trailers, so anything can happen. I find various ways interesting:

- The Retreat to the South, a harrowing March of the survivors and a last hail Mary try by someone.

- the night king kills Bran clearing the curse on himself.

- the night king captures Bran and takes him North to the Heart of Winter on his Dragon. Jon and Dany give chase.

- Jon or Dany save Bran when the trap doesn't work and take him south. The night king gives Chase.

- the night king isn't at the battle. Instead he flew down and wightified the whole of Kings Landing.

- the Humans win and quibble within and towards cersei. Though that's be disappointing.

So many possibilities and we have no idea. And I haven't even mentioned the Crypts where something will go down for sure. They mentioned one time too man how safe it is there.

As for the episode just watched. This will be one of the better ones once we're not so curious about the story anymore. On rewatch, the character interactions matter more. The episode surely suffers from inside jokes and fan favorites they want to do for the fans, but wouldn't necessarily have been required from a narrative point of view. I've also seen it compared to the homebase, the safe zone, of a video game. Like the camp, where you go around and speak to every single NPC in place. And that's fine by the way.

12. Leifmk

Leifmk Chieftain

Eh, dragon girl named her dragons after her dead husband (Khal Drogo of the horsey people) and her two dead brothers (Rhaegar whom she never met but who at least had a reputation as a decent bloke, and Viserys who was admittedly a butthole but the only family she grew up knowing). Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion.

13. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Which one of the dragons turned ice dragon?

Isn't there something in the prophecies about the awakening of kings from stone or something? Could be relevant to whatever is going down in the crypts. Although if the actual statues start moving it's a little on the nose i'd say.

Pretty much the only thing I feel secure about is that the trap isn't going to work. How spectacularly (or not) it will fail remains to be seen.

14. mitsho

mitsho Chieftain

Viserion, and Ice Dragon isn't really right as well. He's more of a Dragon Wight, but then that leaves the question what the Fire is he breathes.

My theory for the book is that Tyrion gets to ride Viserion by the way.

15. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Yeah, but writer named the husband Drogo so that the dragpn can be named Drogo...

My guess is that the Night King and White Walkers will just ignore Winterfell and march south to increase their numbers before they face dragons. In stories like this most of the world has to be devestated before the heroes make their last stand.

There is a prophecy about stone dragons awakening, but that probably refers to the dragons hatching from fossilized eggs at the end of season/book one.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Snerk likes this.
  16. Sommerswerd

Nope... Viserion is clearly a Frost Wyrm and the fire he breathes is clearly blue flame... Geez, :rolleyes: its like you guys don't even play videogames :p
    I am leaning towards the Night King being Rhaegar Targeryan and him wanting to resurrect Lyanna Stark from the crypts to rejoin him as his eternal bride. Then maybe White-Walker-Lyanna stops him from killing everyone at Winterfell and they march to take Kings Landing instead.
    OMG that reminds me of Tyrion's "Don't eat the help" line to one of the dragons... one of the funniest lines in the whole series.:lol:
    That would actually be hilarious, if the whole horde of undead just march right past/around Winterfell without even stopping to use the bathroom... especially after all this buildup :lol:

mitsho likes this.
  17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Couldn't they just dig a moat around Winterfell? That would keep the undead at bay :p

Owen Glyndwr likes this.
  18. Sommerswerd

I think they already dug a moat... at least the "game board" in the opening credits makes it appear so...

In any case, maybe the Night King intends to decoy a solo attack on Bran, while he sneaks into the crypt alone to snag Lyanna, then the two depart for Kings landing, bypassing Winterfell/the Starks entirely, as a gift to Lyanna. The Night King has to know that while the forces in Winterfell are armed with dragonglass, the rest of the kingdoms aren't, and by occupying Kings Landing, he use Viserion to make sure that no one else gets any dragonglass from Dragonstone Island. So Sansa gets her wish, and The North remains a kingdom unto itself, while everyone else dies to the wights.

Or OR!... Maybe Team Dany rides in to rescue Kings Landing at the last minute (ala Gandalf), and when Cersei refuses to concede the throne despite being rescued, Jamie has to kill her to put an end to the madness, reprising his role as KingQueenslayer.. maybe Cersei reveals that the whole "I'm pregnant" thing was just a ruse to manipulate his feelings, or that its really Euron Greyjoy's baby... or that she intentionally miscarried, or whatever horrible Cersei-like revelation, enraging Jamie and making him choke her out. Then of course Sir Gregor smashes his head in... like this [pissed]

Kyriakos likes this.
  19. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

At this point i only want to see Cleganebowl.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  20. Sommerswerd

That will happen right after Jamie dies to Gregor. I'm thinking Gregor kills Jamie for killing Cersei, then Brienne goes after Gregor for killing Jamie, then Sansa sends Arya in to protect Brienne from getting killed by Gregor, then when the hound sees Arya and/or Brienne about to die to Gregor, he steps in to protect them. Of course since Gregor can't die he defeats all of them, and Beric Dondarrion has to step in with his flaming sword to finally put Gregor down, ironically killing Gregor with fire, the very weapon he used to maim and traumatize his brother Sandor.

Or something along those lines :mischief:

mitsho and rah like this.
  21. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Why would the Night King want Lyanna, though?