1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I like Queenslayer. :lol: :lol:
    We know the baby can not live because of the earlier prophesy that all her children would die. (which has been fulfilled so far.)

Sommerswerd likes this.
  2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Cause she's his wife (If he is Rhaegar).

Also... isn't the Night King riding Viserion around now? To me that also suggests that he is a Targeryan.

3. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I thought the night king was from a previous time. And in the final shot of episode 2 they show him on the ground overlooking Winterfeld. (i thought)

4. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Isn't the Night King one of the Andals? Or at least from that era. Don't think there's a Targaryan connection.

edit: oh right, it's even earlier. First Men era.

5. Yeekim

Yeekim Warlord

No way is Night King Rhaegar.

The Walkers ignoring Winterfell and marching South (towards Isle of Faces?) would be both smart and plausible though.

6. civvver

civvver Warlord

Night king isn't rhaegar. I read some wiki stuff and they have a guess at who it is, I completely forget, but someone from a long, long time ago. The original white walker you see the children create.

Anyway as mysterious as the white walkers used to be I feel like Bran kind of let all the air out of the balloon when he said he wants to kill me cus I'm the world's memory. Kind of simplified imo. Doesn't make a lot of sense either.

The last two episodes feel like fan service sadly. Wrapping up all the reunions too tidy like. Like Arya and the Hound scene with Beric. Seemed completely unnecessary. Whatever, as long as the ending is good I'm fine with it. But I do worry it's going to be too predictable, they'll win the battle of winterfell killing the night king, then dany and jon will marry and rule together and take out cersei and that's it, end of saga. Way too clean, no twists, no matter who dies. However one of my friends told me that some interviews with the writers they have said no one's guessed the ending yet so that makes me think a twist will happen. Not sure if it'll be night king winning level, but something. Or that could just be a smoke screen. Who knows? The only constants we've had so far are cersei always wins and jon and dany always survive.

Kyriakos likes this.
  7. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I thought this episode was weak, and never got into the special GoT mood cos it was soap opera style.

Kyriakos likes this.
  8. Synsensa

Synsensa Sweet Pea Retired Moderator

Man, I want to watch the soap operas you've been watching. :lol:

Sommerswerd likes this.
  9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Rhaegar's body was found and cremated in traditional Valyrian funeral rights after Robert Targaryen slew him during the Battle of the Trident. I don't see how he could have gotten north of the Wall and become a White Walker.

The Nights' King in the books is a legendary figure in the books, the 13th commander of the Nights Watch who betrayed his vows, married what sounds like a female White Walker, enslaves his brothers and made them perform human sacrifices to The Others. This was supposedly almost 8000 years ago, although the nights watch is only now on its 99th lord commander and there is no documented evidence for half of those ever existing. GRRM strongly implie that he is no more likely to survive to this day than Bran the Builder or Lann the Clever.

The Night King seen on screen is a show only creation.

10. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Far too early to conclude what the books will reveal about The Others.

11. mitsho

mitsho Chieftain

Well, their conception and how they're described by GRRM is more like some sort of Faerie. Not the elves known since the Lord of the Rings, but much more brutal, ancient type of otherwordly creature that treats us like we treat ants (as in: anyway we want). Not necessarily evil per se, but just different. So for example the show-only trip into the Heart of Winter does make a lot of sense narratively and we do have a fairly good picture of the White Walkers from other indications of the books. The Personification of the Evil in the Night King however is just a necessity of show storytelling, meaning I don't trust the for example creation scene of the Night King to be (book) canon. The real White Walkers will be more complex, but it will still end in a Us versus Them Fight, even in the books.

I do also hope that the last 4 episodes will have a few twists and turns...

12. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

So, does the story conclusion (episode 6) come in a battle between the Night King and the living or after that in a struggle between Dany/Jon and the Lanisters? Or will episode 6 have both together? I think that in the books, the Night King battle will be resolved first and the who rules Westros will be the final bit. The show might well put off the battle resolution we expect in episode 3 until later. My thinking is leaning towards the Night King is defeated first and the last two episode are spent with our loving cast of regulars fighting things out.

13. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Thought the most recent episode was a surprising return to form. The show's so much more enjoyable when characters are having real conversations instead of trading Marvel movie quips and one-liners.

MaryKB likes this.
  14. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

GRRM has often stated how much he loved the Scouring of the Shire and was upset that the movie adaptations had the hobbits return home to a Shire that was unchanged. I suspect that there will be a human enemy who lingers after the Others are defeated and tries to harness their sort of power. Perhaps Qyburn learns enough about necromancy from studying the White Walker's wights that raises an undead army of his own, but is not quite as adept in controlling them and ends up a prisoner of his own creations?

15. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I'm still hoping that Qyburn gets done in by his little birds, perhaps at the instigation of Varys. Hes turned them into little monsters.

16. Sommerswerd

The Sopranos

17. Sommerswerd

I'm leaning towards everything getting resolved to-the-death in the final episode. I'm skeptical that the conflict with the Night King resolves in the next episode.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  18. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I'd go with Winterfall falling but some getting away. Theon dies heroically defending Bran. A few others die heroically. Maybe Greyworm after his scene with Missandri and Lady Mormont since she insists on fighting.
    Next episode the Golden Company desert Cersei. Fighting the dead was more than they counted on. Kings Landing comes under siege.
    No idea how they resolve it all.

19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Do you folks think that all the dragons survive?

20. Synsensa

Synsensa Sweet Pea Retired Moderator

I mean, one of them is already dead, so... no?