1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Well, the dead one seems to have survived that experience....

Sommerswerd likes this.
  2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I don't think any dragons survive. The only people I'd bet money on surviving are Tyrion, Dany Varys, and Sansa... everyone else is effed.

LOLs... just as I was typing this... a spider crawled on my neck and I squished it... so I guess Varys is effed too :lol:
    I agree with all of this except for the first thing... I think the Dead let Winterfell survive.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

so remember that vision Daenerys has in Qarth in season 2

where she goes to touch the Iron Throne and she can't

because

the

throne

has

Snow

on

it

Sommerswerd and Hrothbern like this.
  4. Birdjaguar

Do you know which episode it was?

5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Valar Morghulis - Episode 2x10.

Dachs likes this.
  6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

At least it is good to know that the seven kingdoms are still a place safe enough for one-armed Jaime to buy a cloak and then travel looking like a beggar - but on a nice horse - for months to get to Winterfell, without anyone attacking him. ^_^
    Tbh i expected him to at least go to Riverrun to ask for help and some token guard/volunteers to fight in the north.

7. Yeekim

Yeekim Warlord

Well, we don't know that he was not attacked, nor do we know that he travelled alone all the way.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. mitsho

mitsho Chieftain

Nah, you think too much, they simply didn't want to bother with travel logic since he would have mastered them anyways for narrative reasons. It will make more sense in the books but they have enough time there to do it properly.

(and nobody will mention Edmure Tully ever again by the way for the same reasons)

Kyriakos and Snerk like this.
  9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Edmure is Azor Ahai.

Kyriakos likes this.
  10. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

Predictions....Daenerys will die. She (and the feminists) will not subordinate herself but she will sacrifice herself and one of her dragons to save jon..... jaime will die but we wont be absolutely sure.....he will appear to cersei.....BAM....it's ARYA!!!...dead cersei....jon is king, dragon and dire wolf make out

11. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

In the books IIRC Edmure Tully was returned to Frey custody after Jamie used him to capture Riverrun so presumably Arya could have freed him when she massacred the Freys.

12. civvver

civvver Warlord

What real conversations? I don't recall any. The only semi deep things were Jamie and Brienne talking. The rest was people making wise cracks about how everyone's going to die. Even the reunion conversation between the nights watch was all like man, Sam's getting laid and paid, it surely is the end of the world! Kind of humorous and fits that character (I forget his name, I know pip and gren are dead, it's the one who's the new night commander now) but it wasn't deep or meaningful.

Yeah but take that at face value, I don't think it means anything. She also saw Drogo in the hut with her child, which clearly didn't happen/doesn't happen in the future, and she saw through it and said until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, explaining that Dany realized none of those visions were real. Apparently in the books the whole warlock tower thing is more drawn out with even more scenes. There have been more than a few things like this, possibly red herrings or maybe just threads that didn't develop like mirraz whatever, the witch lady, talking about Dany's child being scaly like a dragon and full of gray worms. It's possibly it foreshadowed one of the dragons becoming undead, but I doubt it, I think it's unconnected and just a rant about death. And then there was that Quaithe lady, the one whos face was all covered in Qath and talked to Jorah about protecting Dany. We thought she was predicting something, I think she said something about betrayal. I don't really remember but it ended up of little consequence, her character was never seen again. And then whatever voice Varys heard when his parts were burned- it's come up at least twice, once when he told Tyrion his story and again when they recruited that red priestess she brought it up. Will we ever know what was said? I doubt it, and I doubt it has much relevance either.

13. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

There's the three treasons she's prophesied to face. Don't remember if that was from the House of the Undying or Quaithe or what. One for gold (Jorah), one for Blood (Mirri Maz Duur) and one for love. Guessing the last one will involve Jon.

MaryKB likes this.
  14. Sofista

Sofista card-carrying

At this point every able man is either enlisted or dead (or hiding, possibly).

15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

16. Birdjaguar

:lol:

Thanks.

I watched it and she is standing in a ruined throne room open to the air; it is snowing and just as she reaches out to put her hand on the throne, her dragons screech and she moves away and keeps looking for them. She Chooses her dragons over snow and the thrones.

I think that the early seasons of the show added lots of small touches from the books because no one knew whether or not there would be a new book out or that the ending would be made up as it was. I suspect that Dany's events in Qarth are more important to the upcoming books than to the show, but we'll shave to see. I wouldn't be surprised if King's Landing goes to ruin before Dany gets there, but then there will have to be a new center of power for the surviving ruler(s), Where might that be? Winterfell?

17. civvver

civvver Warlord

I totally skimmed over that pun. Nice one.

18. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

I'm pretty sure Jon is Commander #998 :)

My guess is "Others" (plural) is a mistake from "Other's" (possessive) after millennia of forgetting ... and they're really servants of The Great Other who's the arch enemy of R'hllor, and that there's a big dichotomy thing going on about Ice and Fire being opposite ends of villainy.

I see so many parallels with Babylon 5 ... White Walkers/Others basically being the Shadows, Night's Watch the Rangers, Azor Ahai being like Valen, Three Eyed Crow/Raven being like the Great Machine and Draal, and so on. I feel like Babylon 5, you'll see them settle things with their existential threats this weekend, and then go back south to deal with Cesei, like how in Babylon 5 they made a big alliance to go to Earth, and then a new system gets created.

YOU MONSTER!

Oh I thought Jaime sent him to Casterly Rock in the books?

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  19. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Its been a while since I've read it but it looks like you're right. According to the wiki in the tv series hes returned to Walder Frey's custody after the siege but in the book he was sent to Casterly Rock. The TV series seems to have forgotten about him now.

MaryKB likes this.
  20. MaryKB

MaryKB Vice Princess Supporter

I feel the television show has forgotten a lot of people, lol!

Remember Shaga, Chella, and Timett? Didn't Tyrion give them all kinds of weapons so they could take over the Vale? And if all the Vale knights are in the North, what's happening down there now? Remember when people like Littlefinger & Sansa, or the Hound & Arya, etc, could just walk up to the Bloody Gate? I remember in season 1, a whole troop of them barely made it, and that's before Tyrion gave them real weapons! (in the books, the Hound doesn't take Arya there because he hears it's impassible now except for full armies)

AmazonQueen likes this.