1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Berzerker and rah like this.
  2. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

She is a too cute pyromaniac for Jon or Tyrion to kill her. I think she will die in some unlikely and absurd way or will be killed by whom we all know...

Imaus likes this.
  3. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

If D&D got bored with it and started rushing it, but contracts on actors and stuff were still fine why did HBO not just replace the writers who have clearly half assed the last two seasons. I mean you can make arguments about like 4-6 being shaky but still 7 & 8 are clearly rushed. Why again? So much money to be made. One story that was rolling billions in revenue. If the writers were "bored", fire em. I'm honestly curious what happened here. I just figured contracts were running out on the actors.

MagisterCultuum likes this.
  4. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Not far off Shame of Thrones: The Final Insult

5. Imaus

Imaus Prince

I heard that the actors, too, were getting tired of it all and wanted it done, ontop of clauses that GRRM picked DnD directly - not something that apparently couldn't be changed.

Which is a weird flex, but okay? Like this is a Star-Trek TNG level royalty mine. Why not ask for more? Even just 2 more seasons and 22 more episodes, ending around 2022....

6. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

aaaaand now I'm picturing Leslie Nielsen (pbuh) parodying Tywin. :lol:

7. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

No, I understand that we disagree. I'm trying to have a discussion about it. Simply reiterating that we disagree doesn't really further than discussion.

Birdjaguar and rah like this.
  8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

It is funny to think about how we all raze cities in CIV without hesitation... thereby "killing" the innocent make-believe inhabitants, without even for a moment thinking ourselves to be bad/evil for it... but then get all judg'ey about make-believe Dany slaughtering make-believe civilians in this make-believe story :p

Imaus and Berzerker like this.
  9. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I mean I dunno about you but Civ IV me is far more evil than Hitler

AdamCrock likes this.
  10. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

All of us have so much digital blood on our hands from the "whipping" mechanic in the "slavery" civic alone that if we got sent to The Hague we'd probably spontaneously combust upon entering the building.

Kaitzilla and Lexicus like this.
  11. Imaus

Imaus Prince

Everyone in the Seven Kingdoms also hates KL as a artificial hellhole anyway. Dany's just giving the people what they want! No more KL!

12. rah

rah Deity Supporter

My civ IV me breaks more deals/treaties then Trump does.

13. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Rah for President! But you have to cheat frequently on your wife to get the nomination...

14. rah

rah Deity Supporter

No nomination for me then. *sigh*

Birdjaguar likes this.
  15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

It is interesting how much D&Ds decision to rush everything has backfired for them. Anyway, tonight the watch ends :)

16. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Well, I consider that "foreshadowing", especially when it relies on selective picking and narrative logic, is a very poor argument that ends up making characters simply tools for the plot. It's pretty hard to have a discussion about how believable something feels.
    Fun thing, I'm a large-scale murderer in Civ, razing cities at the drop of a hat if someone annoyed me, but I simply can't manage to break treaties. I think breaking my word is the one thing I'm unable to do even in games.

17. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Unclear what you think "foreshadowing" has to do with the interpretation I have offered. My take, stated explicitly, is that Daenerys is a megalomaniac. Not that she has suddenly become one, and that this turn was previously anticipated, but that she has been one for three or four seasons, and that has been increasingly evident to the point of being obviouobvious, but the audience was previously allowed to participate in her derangement. What happened is not that she suddenly went crazy, but that the audience experienced a sudden distancing between who she is and who they wanted her to be: that the myth began to break down. Any of the "liberated" slaves in Meereen would have experience the same dissonance. The difference is that the audience does not have the motivation to do a Grey Worm and follow the dragon queen over the edge, so they are rudely ejected into the reality inhabited by the inhabitants of King's Landing, in which the "Breaker of Chains" is just another blue-blooded psychopath to add to the collection.

Mise likes this.
  18. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

At what time is the last episode released?

19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

7:00 Pm Mountain daylight time in the US. 9:00 PM in NYC. 9:00 AM Monday in Beijing.

20. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

2:00 AM in UK.
    I will watch it later in the week when I have a free evening, probably Thursday.