Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

They were 12 and 13 when GoT first cast them. Not anymore. Both are hot performers.

Maisie Williams (Arya) had a recurring role in Dr Who, a lead role in iBoy and is in New Mutants, plus some things I haven't seen, eg The Book of Love and Then Came You.

Sophie Turner has another X role as Jean Gray and the title role in Josie.

J

I dislike Maisie.

I don't much like Arya but I don't think I know Maisie well enough to like or dislike her.

For me she is Arya.
Also, she has a lisp (i think that is what it's called) :blush:

You'd think they would notice that she can't voice R, when even her show-name has R in it and thus she has to say it all the time.

I haven't been reading this cus I want no info on the up coming season, no spoilers, no trailers, nothing. I just want to watch it in all its virginal glory.

However I am rewatching the whole series, just finished 6.1. I don't feel the need to spoiler, but just in case SPOILER for 6.1:

Remember when sansa and theon escape winterfell and are hiding behind a fallen tree while the boltons dogs sniff them out? Ok so the dogs are held on a leash by one of the bolton guys and growling at sansa when brienne and pod roll up and start fighting. A couple shots to Theon standing there and you can still see the dogs on a leash behind him next to Sansa, but then they just dissappear. They are gone, poof, vanished. I sort of get why they didn't just let the dogs go to fight, cus they were hounds, didn't look like the nasty rotweilers Ramsey had chew apart victims before so maybe they aren't fighting dogs, and also brienne and pod were on horseback initially, safe from dogs. I tried counting all the bolton men to make sure the dog leash holder was accounted for, and I'm pretty sure he is. I think he's the guy that goes after podrick after he has fallen and then Theon stabs in the back. But where did the dogs go?!?!? You never see them run off or anything, they're just gone. It's weird.

Also Theon picks up a sword right in front of that same bolton dude, before pod falls and the guy doesn't do anything lol.

Maybe the dogs left of their own accord, which still would be more logical than Jon Snow opting to not sail to the eastwatch but do a full march by land to castle black when zombie armies are around.
Or Dorne-Highgarden-other ships apparently sailing all in a straight line with nothing left back to watch out for enemy ships.
Or pretty much the entire show :)

Last edited:
The continents don't look particularly believable in how they are shaped either. Though westeros being basically inverted Ireland & G.Britain would already mess up the plan to make the world look mostly like earth (as in WH fantasy).
The iron islands in particular look stupid and random.

Maybe the dogs left of their own accord, which still would be more logical than Jon Snow opting to not sail to the eastwatch but do a full march by land to castle black when zombie armies are around.
Or Dorne-Highgarden-other ships apparently sailing all in a straight line with nothing left back to watch out for enemy ships.
Or pretty much the entire show :)

Well yeah that was illogical but this was like a camera goof where they forgot the dogs were in the shot to begin with. Logic goes out the window as soon as danerys survives immolation.

Anyway, rewatching season 5 is by far the worst season. Hardholm is a cool enough episode, well second half cus the first half stinks, but most of season 5 is incredibly slow, full of sand snakes, and pointless. They spend so long dealing with wildlings when it could've been wrapped up in 1-2 episodes.

Has it still not started yet?! It feels like this thread has been around forever.

The continents don't look particularly believable in how they are shaped either. Though westeros being basically inverted Ireland & G.Britain would already mess up the plan to make the world look mostly like earth (as in WH fantasy).
The main issue with Westeros is it looks too square. It remembers GTA 4 map.
Spoiler :

Complaining about a few weeks of waiting? Oh my sweet summer child.

No just expressing bewilderment at how long this thread has been around, with a title like "winter finally arrives" (present tense), and it's still not actually arrived.

No just expressing bewilderment at how long this thread has been around, with a title like "winter finally arrives" (present tense), and it's still not actually arrived.

Winter arrived in the end of the last season. Afaik it only snows in the Crownlands in winter.

Speaking of winter and lack of logic: i like how frostbites aren't a thing in westeros. I mean north of the wall people are so tough that they just touch the frozen boat wood with bare hands and forget their hand there, and moreover don't suffer due to this.

A presenter on SkyAtlantic actually said "the interminable wait is almost over" tonight before a plug for the boxed set. The interminable wait has probably sold a lot of boxed sets.
Anyway I've started rewatching series V in preperation for series VII. I'm not sure I can manage it. That series was so bad compared to the others.

And you think it looks less realistic than our continental layout? Without the knowledge of the underlying geology, earth looks stupid and hardly believable. :p

Read the books and everything will be better.

And you think it looks less realistic than our continental layout? Without the knowledge of the underlying geology, earth looks stupid and hardly believable. :p

Read the books and everything will be better.

Assuming Pangaea was a thing, yes the current continents look very believable. Unlike westeros next to essos ;)

Assuming Pangaea was a thing, yes the current continents look very believable. Unlike westeros next to essos ;)
You can only say that because you know the geologic history of earth. You don't know the geologic history of Martin's world.

You can only say that because you know the geologic history of earth. You don't know the geologic history of Martin's world.

You are talking about someone who has ravens trained to travel to different parts of a continent the size of S. America, or a world where there is half a city for every 1/4 of that continent. Scale or morphology isn't his thing.

You are talking about someone who has ravens trained to travel to different parts of a continent the size of S. America, or a world where there is half a city for every 1/4 of that continent. Scale or morphology isn't his thing.
It's a novel; it's fantasy, it has magic. When you read the books, it is immersive and joyous. When you write your own best seller, you can be as realistic as you like. Why belittle his success with pettiness?

Top Bottom