1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones Season 5 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Mar 4, 2015.

1. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

There will be two more seasons. They've always said, no matter the pace of the books, there would be seven seasons of the show. And despite the ending probably being a slightly bit happy, because honestly, no one wants a Hamlet everyone-dies ending, what makes this story great is that it is, in no way shape or form, fan-fiction.

2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Why isn't it? This season had dialogues and scenes which are almost Zena-warrior-princess level :p

3. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

Seems a serious allegation. One that must be backed up with evidence, even. Please, present these Xena-level dialogues for our consideration...

EDIT, what's funny is this rang a bell so I looked up my previous posts & FWIW, I called you hipstering this long ago. "OMG I am SO, like, over GoT."

4. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Behind the scene show spoiler, book readers probably shouldn't read
    Spoiler :
    After the episode on HBOGo it was revealed it was Martin's decision to burn Shireen and she probably will burn in the next book

-------

Quite an amazing episode honestly. I'd rate it as one of the best in the series, just so many good scenes in one episode. I am still rooting for the White Walkers to cleanse the land, but Dany's development is kind of worrying me in the long-term

5. Kyriakos

^Well, yeah. It is way too lazy/i don't care brah/ lol by now. I still think that the next season will be the last, and Boardwalk empire paradigm already was mentioned ;)

Maybe Martin leaked the 4 first episodes, and the script-writers pulled a Cercei on him with Shireen :p (and then pinned it on him :mischief: )

Way to ruin what little good was left in the show.

6. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Holly molly.

Burning your own handicapped daughter alive cant be a good policy in the long run.

Also what a low quality dragon. I thought it was far more powerful. How does Daenerys expect to conquest westeros with that?

7. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I'm already waiting for GOT:Brotherhood at this point.

8. Kyriakos

Enemies stop hitting the dragon with projectiles, when the plot needs it :mischief:

9. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

I have observed that happens frequently in TV.

10. Kyriakos

11. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

You can tell it's written by a Stannis fanboy because it's mentioned nowhere how he's a fraud and horrible hypocrite.

12. Kyriakos

^TBH he saw his kind being massacred. (i mean the type of Stannis fanboy), so ;)

13. Cynovolans

Cynovolans Not in my dimension.

Yeah I'm still expecting it to go down in the books but just later than where the show is.

14. aelf

aelf Ashen One

So Stannis is Agamemnon. That means he will win but will probably die pretty shortly after. Maybe even by his wife's hand.

Spoiler :
    Anyone else thought Ser Jorah's fight was ridiculous? His slow roll could be seen a mile away.

15. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Abraham = Agamenon = Stannis

But in the first two cases the victim is saved at the last moment. Shireen OTOH... :(

Come on that was no right... not even for GoT standards. :gripe:

16. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Stannis = Jephthah

From being the social outcast of his brothers, to being a great military commander drafted by others into a war, right down to the sacrifice of his daughter in exchange for military victory against the enemies of Israel

17. aelf

aelf Ashen One

Not in Aeschylus' version of Agamemnon.

Sacrificing the daughter for favourable weather is firmly in the territory of Agamemnon and not Abrahamic lore.

18. illram

illram Deity

I'm guessing Drogon still has room to grow. Also remember, it will be three of those. (Plus I expect dragons are a bit of a psychological weapon as well.)

19. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

The disappointments just keep coming, don't they :(

Also, even though they are departing rather a lot from the books every episode, you can see what happens a mile away.

Too much Hollywooding now. I can only assume they are trying out the monkeys and Shakespeare experiment, and are yet to come to a positive conclusion.

20. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Stannis really pissed me off, but the pain is dulled by the possibility that it's going to happen in the books and was decided by Martin over a decade ago.
    The Mereen scene was really poorly done. From the incredibly lax security during such a high profile sport event, the stupid dragon behavior (why doesn't he spray them with fire while he's flying ?) to the gamey no-fighting-during-the-cut-scene-moment. I was looking forward to this moment in the story and they botched it. At least the Dorne nonsense has improved and we finally had enough scenes with Doran.