Game of Thrones Season 5 discussion thread

Not defending Martin's writing ability, but that quote represents how a good number of artists feel about their work as it is in process. I feel that way about my one liners all the time.

Not defending Martin's writing ability, but that quote represents how a good number of artists feel about their work as it is in process. I feel that way about my one liners all the time.

Well, you are right half the time. Generally the second half.

J

I can confirm that I have read Winds of Winter and will post the following 10 things that WILL happen below, so spoiler alert:
Spoiler :
10. King Tommen declares "peace for 1000 years" after his momma decides his job is too stressful and needs a day at the King's Landing petting zoo. Varys slips and falls into a pile of horsehockey

9. Sansa in all her flightiness and super-coddled relationship with Baelish decides the world is too much for her and becomes introverted. As a result, Sansa starts an underground drug ring for other spoiled noble children who the world has refused to baby anymore.

8. Tyrion not only opens a Cinnabon, but also brings Jamba Juice beyond the Wall.

7. Viserys' golden skull washes ashore Westeros and fisherman discovers it. The fisherman decides he is going to cash it in with the Westeros Sun. After turning it in, the Westeros Sun runs the headline "Heroic peasant beheads a dragon, dragons extinct!!!" Nudie pics of the Sand Vipers on page 21.

6. Hodor is told to "swim to the ends of the world" after being spared by attackers. After swimming across the seas, Hodor comes to a land where Jesus of Nazareth is preaching about magical underwear to people in mud huts.

5. Jon Snow is beginning to die of thirst and resorts to eating the snow off the ground. He dies from a bacterium present in White Walker poop.

4. Walder Frey forgets to attend his mistress's baby shower at Pycelle's Grill. Sure to arrive even if late, Walter arrives to which a handmaiden's son says "Mommy look! It's the janitor from Harry Potter!"

3. Loras Tyrell leaves Cersei after persistent failed attempts to have a child not out of incest. With the help of his sister Margery, Loras Finally meets his match and spouse in Big Gay Graul, the land's most notorious male prostitute.

2. The Khaleesi now in certifiably bathorsehocky insane mode decides all of her problems are due all dragon merchants, especially so-called "long-eared" ones. Khaleesi orders mass extermination of all dragon merchants and eventually marries Dario, she allows herself to be killed by a dragon the next day as the Unsullied storm her castle to arrest her.

1. Epilogue reveals that Paul of Tarsus turns in this copy along with the four previous books to the check-in desk at the Library of Alexandria. When asked "what is this?" by the librarian, Paul responds "The next chapters."

Pfft! I, too, have read Winds of Winter. And let me tell you it features...

Spoiler :
Bats! Billions of bats!

Nearly all the characters you so misleadingly mention in your so-called "spoiler" turn into bats at some stage. Some of them even turn into multiple bats.

Spoiler :
Oh, pardon me. I've just seen that you refer to bathorsehocky in your post. So that detail at least is correct. Well done.

True bat aficionados, or batists, call it "guano", though. And plenty of it.

It begins tomorrow :D

Link to video.
That it is pretty much.

Just started waching the series a couple of weeks ago and have seen the whole four first seasons in this time. It hooked me even if it was only because i was curious to see the next absurd and unnecesarily bloody death. With that imploding head in the last episode being first in the absurdness ranking for now. [pissed]

It looked like he was going to be a new main character lasting a whole seasons at least. I though i was familiar with TV series cliches until i saw his little head imploding. Rather unexpected.

Well i just watched the first four episodes. Yea i think the guy who leaked them is a jerk but if its out there i'm going to watch it. I'm still paying for the channel so they don't lose any money.

Without giving out spoilers the first four episodes are great! Ill talk about them in tags if anyone wants to. But what really sucks is now iv got a month to wait before i can watch any more.

Just started waching the series a couple of weeks ago and have seen the whole four first seasons in this time. It hooked me even if it was only because i was curious to see the next absurd and unnecesarily bloody death. With that imploding head in the last episode being first in the absurdness ranking for now. [pissed]
Ummm... I stand corrected. The most absurd death was the one when this badass kind of Genghis melt gold in the cooking pot like if it was butter and then poured it over the head of that wussy blonde guy.

Being a chemist myself it was difficult to continue watching the series after that, but i did...

I watched the first episode that got leaked. I'm supposed to watch it with a friend later, but I couldn't resist. I told myself I'd watch it only for 20 minutes, but then I said "well this is interesting, 5 more minutes!", and then again and again until I finished it. It's off to a good start for sure.

^I wonder if Martin had anything to do with the leak :mischief:

Maybe HBO should think of airing those four episodes faster now. No use pretending nothing happened.
Then again if the other 6 are leaked as well...

I need leaked subtittles too. :(

I don't get the changes in the Jon Snow/Stannis scenes. In the book they made more sense and were more dramatic.
Spoiler :

Jon was seriously leaning towards accepting the offer at one point, and probably would have done so if the offer did not include the requirement to convert to the worship of the Red God. The thought of betraying his father's gods drove home the idea that to take his father's rank he would have to betray absolutely everything his father held dear.

There were multiple rounds of votes for Lord Commander, with three major candidates (plus one guy with no other supporters who kept voting for himself) before the final ballot when Samwell offers Jon as a compromise and convinces the other candidates to bow out and endorse him to stop Janos Slynt. (Slynt has a strong plurality, but the rules require an absolute majority.) Jon did not even know he was a candidate, much less that he had been elected, when he turned down Stannis's offer. He still assumed he would have to serve under the man who ordered his father's death, the corrupt son of a butcher whom the Lannisters raised to Lord of Harrenhall for his role in bringing down Ned Stark.

Turning down a lordship once he already had been made lord over the Nightswatch is much less meaningful.

(They really should have had Stannis offer him the deal at the end of the last season, leaving the audience in suspense during the break.)

Also, when Jonos Slynt defied him, he first ordered him taken outside and hanged. It was only after he protested that such punishment was below the dignity of a Lord that Jon changed his mind and decided to honorably punish rebels the way his father taught him, by beheading them personally. Janos thought that Jon was a weakling who was giving in when he called off the hanging, until he called for the block instead.

The books were a lot more ambiguous about Mance Rayder's fate, but I guess that is hard in a visual medium.

Top Bottom