Game of Thrones Season 5 discussion thread

I don't think we will get an explanation for why obsidian or valyrian steel kills White Walkers. Dragons are sometimes called "fire made flesh" so maybe the Walkers are ice made flesh and fire related objects just happen to be their weakness.

Well the question is, have they thought about making obsidian arrows to begin with? Did the author think about it?

I don't think we will get an explanation for why obsidian or valyrian steel kills White Walkers. Dragons are sometimes called "fire made flesh" so maybe the Walkers are ice made flesh and fire related objects just happen to be their weakness.

targs called dragonglass something along the lines of fire-in-rock-form. it kinda makes intuitive sense for this to annihilate white walkers. same with valyrian steel (need dragon fire).

Well the question is, have they thought about making obsidian arrows to begin with? Did the author think about it?

If I recall correctly, most of the weapons in the stash which was dug up at the fist of the first men were obsidian arrow heads in the books. Obsidian daggers were found there too, but were much less common.

targs called dragonglass something along the lines of fire-in-rock-form. it kinda makes intuitive sense for this to annihilate white walkers. same with valyrian steel (need dragon fire).
So, the end episodes in the series are obvious to me. The WWWW pass the wall crushing everybody with his ever growing zombie army, then in the last moment when everyhing seems lost and Jon is almost heroically defeated, Sam, aka the library fat rat, find an ancient book at the library explaining dragon fire = WW toast, send a letter to Daenerys (i think they have 24h express crows or something) so she send her three flying pets northward and the WWWW are turned into ashes in an eyeblink. Daenerys is claimed as queen and savior of the whole world, Jon is promoted to Hand and everybody is happy forever.

Nice, isnt it?

So, the end episodes in the series are obvious to me. The WWWW pass the wall crushing everybody with his ever growing zombie army, then in the last moment when everyhing seems lost and Jon is almost heroically defeated, Sam, aka the library fat rat, find an ancient book at the library explaining dragon fire = WW toast, send a letter to Daenerys (i think they have 24h express crows or something) so she send her three flying pets northward and the WWWW are turned into ashes in an eyeblink. Daenerys is claimed as queen and savior of the whole world, Jon is promoted to Hand and everybody is happy forever.

Nice, isnt it?

Does leave the loose end of "where do whores go" though :(

I don't think the series (at least the books) will end particularly well for most involved, but I'll be surprised if dragons don't play a considerable role in the war to come.

This is just pure speculation, but I keep imagining Bran will warg one of them.

Nice, isnt it?

a song of ice and fire...

dany fighting night's king confirmed.

Yep, probably that was the writer's original plan before falling in a never ending politicwl thriller.
The "You will not walk anymore but you will fly" prophecy would make a lot of sense.

Of course there will be a lot of arbitrary deaths in the proccess, the big question being: will tyrion fall victim of syphilis?

Does leave the loose end of "where do whores go" though :(

I don't think the series (at least the books) will end particularly well for most involved, but I'll be surprised if dragons don't play a considerable role in the war to come.

Bran is hiding at Castle Black. He entered Ghost's mind to protect Gilly and then entered Sam's mind to enjoy Gilly.

Is it just me or did they really turn up the make up in today's episode for Dr. Julian Bashir?

Is it just me or did they really turn up the make up in today's episode for Dr. Julian Bashir?

I noticed that too, although I wrote it off to different lighting.

Well Stannis the Mannis stock is falling, better invest everything in the Night King.

I'm really surprised they did that--I figured the mother or priestess would be responsible and not him.

Final scene in Mereen there was really well-put together, if a bit deus ex.

Stannis tag removed :(

The director of this episode is called Nutter, btw.

Does Shireen even die in the books?

Edit:

"The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "
" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt.""

lol :(

Top Bottom