1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of thrones, season 7

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

25/5 edit: Trailer out:

(older post follows: )

Since the first teaser is out.

Well, there is something to see there, although nothing not guessed already.

Spoiler :
    It is winter-time in KL :snowlaugh:

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  3. Kyriakos

I predict the same underwhelming "resolution" re Cercei that the Freys had: death by morphing Arya. Maybe that is what Cercei's prophesy means? (Arya morphing to Tyrion, being Cercei's 'little brother' and also - as Tywin noted - much like a young Cercei). :mischief:

Hold the door :mischief:

4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

The Lannister kids:

Olde School:

Literal:

Lexicus likes this.
  5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

:vomit:

Sorry. Had to do that somewhere.

6. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I'm going to bet on Jaime killing Cersei, actually.

Oerdin likes this.
  7. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Neurotic Panda

Whenever in hear that song i hear "We can dance, We can dance. Everyone take off you pants"

8. civvver

civvver Chieftain

when's the release date for season 7? I'm going to do my damndest to not watch weekly so I can binge 2-3 episodes a night and finish the season in a week. Some people like to marinate on weekly episodes but I always feel insatiable after a slow one and excited after an action packed one.

Last year I also rewatched the entire series before the season 6 opener. I might try to do so again this year, or at least watch all of season 6 again. You pick up on a lot of stuff you forgot about or missed the first time around.

It really is eerie to rewatch seasons 1 and 3 though know the gigantic spoilers that come. It's extremely hard to recreate those initial feelings. I only watched the episode the door once though, I need a rewatch for sure. That one was intense.

9. Gen.Mannerheim

Gen.Mannerheim Grand Moff

I really felt underwhelmed by this season's promo. While the lack of out of context Dany quote was welcome, everything else felt not up to stuff. No exciting footage of whats to come, no new/old character cameos. Just a bit of unsubtle foreshadowing on the new "rulers" in the game to the tune of perhaps the worst promo song of the series.

I agree, however I've noticed that sometimes you get new feelings watching again many years later. For me, Jon saying goodbye to Eddard and Robb is even more depressing knowing the fate of all three characters.

You find irony in things: for instance the two houses that vocally supported Robb as King in the North, the Karstarks and Umbers, are the same two houses that betrayed the Starks and joined with the Bolton regime against the Stark remnants .

You can also find new hatreds: for me every time Catelyn is on screen I feel my blood start to boil. If you need to point to a single goat that is at the root of just about all the bad things that happened to the Starks, Catelyn is the strongest candidate.

Kyriakos likes this.
  10. civvver

civvver Chieftain

What? You blame Catelyn for all the starks woes? Why cus she released Jaime and convinced Rob to execute lord karstark? Cus she agreed to marry Robb off? I mean he agreed to it to and then ruined the whole thing by falling in love. Really it was revealed littlerfinger and Elsia or whatever cat's sister's name is are responsible. He thrust them into war together.

11. Gen.Mannerheim

A few reasons. Yes its true that there are a number of factors that led to the War of the Five Kings. However, Catelyn hold the bulk of the blame on the Stark side:

1: Her illegal and wrongful arrest of Tyrion Lannister was the direct spark of the war.
    • She had no legal reason or authority to arrest him.
    • She acted on information from Littlefinger, a know liar.
    • Instead of taking Tyrion to Kings Landing to be tried by King Robert, she squirrels him off to the Vale to face an obviously unfair trial.
    • She uses Riverlands men, not Stark men, to arrest him.
    • Her actions directly causes Tywin's invasion of the Riverlands as well as Ned & Jamie's duel in Kings Landing, which in turn leads to the deaths of Robert and Ned, as well as the reign of Joffrey .

2: She should have never left Winterfell at all. Ned put Winterfell in her care and she almost immediately leaves it in the command of a crippled little boy never to return. She stayed with Robb's army, yet provided not actual help or even had a real reason to be there

3: Her constant hatred of Jon Snow robbed Robb of his best friend and arguably strongest supporter. While it may have been good for the world, for Robb it was terrible. It forced Robb to rely on Theon, who betrays him, which afterwords leaves Robb alone and lonely leaving him open to his relationship with Talia/Jayne. Its hard to imagine Robb breaking his vow with Cpt. Honor Jon Snow at his side.

12. civvver

civvver Chieftain

Catelyn Stark, the true villain of game of thrones! Actually I agree with everything you wrote lol.

Kyriakos and Gen.Mannerheim like this.
  13. Gen.Mannerheim

Haha, I don't want to come off as too mean. But I think she is supposed to be a good counterpoint to someone like Cersie, who makes terrible decisions all for the sake of selfishness, even if she tries to convince herself their for the good of her children. Even Cersie's affair with Jaime is hinted at being more a form of self love/masturbation than true romance.

Catelyn does all her actions truly from the heart, but they turn out just as bad (if not worse)

14. Kyriakos

Season trailer...:

15. Kyriakos

Trailer #2, Winter is here.

16. Kyriakos

Just little over a week left to the show to begin :)

17. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Once an episode airs, how long is it available to watch on HBO? Could you begin watching the new season after, say, episode 5 or would you have to save them all off line to do that?

18. Ecthy

Ecthy Chieftain

You can download them off a torrent network for ever. And ever. And ever.

19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Comcast rebukes me and slows my downloads when It detects downloading of copyrighted material.

20. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Don't think there's any time limit on availability. I mean you can still watch season one episodes on HBO, right? (right?)