Would be boring without violence, it's part of medieval times and history ;)
It's imo not used to keep interest, but for a believable atmo.
I would not want family friendly horror movies either.

The thing about GoT viewers in real life is they are so damned pushy. I can't just say 'no' to the question of if I watch it, fans invariably spend the next 10 minutes explaining why I should watch it - and they usually gang up on me to do so. It's really off putting.

Consider this rude post collective pay back. The show is too violent and rapey for me. I find the setting tedious at best and a lot of the fans to be rather obnoxious.

It is actually a gimmick, to (try to) cover up for terrible writing. The show isn't that violent by now, and what violence they have is so ludicrously done that it is just not convincing (eg Arya the terminator).

Obviously any modern author of sword-sorcery fantasy genre sink his roots in Tolkien and Robert E. Howard's works (in that order).

Getting close to having rewatched all of S5. Probably the poorest season of all but the line "the dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant" is one of the series' best. Also, they should have killed Eleria Sand instead of Julian Bashir. He's a fine actor and the only enjoyable thing about Dorne.

I don't remember if there was nudity in west world but there was rape (off screen IIRC) and a strong undercurrent of sexual violence in a lot of the episode. I made it one episode into west world and GoT each and couldn't go further.
There are lots of tits and asses, along with a few penises, in West World. I didn't find the story good enough to keep me interested.

It is actually a gimmick, to (try to) cover up for terrible writing. The show isn't that violent by now, and what violence they have is so ludicrously done that it is just not convincing (eg Arya the terminator).
Please let us know when your next screenplay goes into production. Oh wait... :p

There are lots of tits and asses, along with a few penises, in West World. I didn't find the story good enough to keep me interested.

Please let us know when your next screenplay goes into production. Oh wait... :p

:p Well, as long as you let me know when the next GoT-budget tv series airs in greek.

Touche!

Another fabulous episode!

Spoiler :
My favorite part was when the dragon recognizes Jon as a Targaryen and Dany sees it. Jon is of course clueless.

You know, the season plot was leaked on reddit months ago. At the time people said it has to be a hoax, cause it was so stupid. Guess what, it is all true, complete with who dies when and what happens, from battles to appearance of long-gone rowing characters and dwarf meetings.

So yes, i am the three-eyed raven now, and know the rest of the season. And let me tell you, it is cheesy fan-service all the way through, up to the most cringeworthy of ending scenes. :p

Spoiler :
Nice feint with Gilly mentioning Rhaegar's repudiation of Elia Martell to Sam but him not realizing.

I was disappointed that Jaime and Bronn weren't made prisoner by Dany. She should have had dothrakis patrolling the shores until they found them

^Right, no one saw that coming. Or Bronn explaining his absurdity with a dumb one-liner ;)

What i dislike most is (warning, major spoiler, do not click if you don't want to know what i dislike the most - no, seriously, major spoiler within, for episode 7 of this season)
Spoiler :
just how stupidly underwhelming Cercei's death is going to be. Bronn's death is not mentioned in the leaked plot - doesn't mean it can't happen- but Cercei's is, with how it happens. Prepare for the most underwhelming death of the entire series.

Spoiler :
just how stupidly underwhelming Cercei's death is going to be. Bronn's death is not mentioned in the leaked plot - doesn't mean it can't happen- but Cercei's is, with how it happens. Prepare for the most underwhelming death of the entire series.

Spoiler :
Those spoilers specifically state that they don't know if Cercei dies as a result of her miscarriage, additionally, Lena Heady has a contract negotiated for season 8. I will concede that this could be another case of appearing as a dead body in the first episode like Tywin did the season after he died, but it is not possible to draw any conclusions as to whether she will live or die yet.

Or Bronn explaining his absurdity with a dumb one-liner

Indeed, we should have had Bronn deliver a twenty minute monologue in which he explains his motivations in great detail, along with an elaborate flashback sequence showing his troubled childhood to further flesh out his actions during the battle. Perhaps we could learn that he sees Jaime as the older brother he never had, and couldn't bear to watch him die? :rolleyes:

That river made me chuckle though. Reaches horses to ankles but also deep enough for a slow decent into an endless abyss :lol:

Plenty of places where topography is like that, i.e. a shallow stretch and then a sudden steep drop into the depths. Might be more common along ocean shorelines than in rivers (but not unknown in rivers and especially not in river deltas, which is the kind of place this scene would be taking place since it's supposed to be right near King's Landing.)

In Norwegian we have a specific word for that sort of steep drop: "marbakke".

Plenty of places where topography is like that, i.e. a shallow stretch and then a sudden steep drop into the depths. Might be more common along ocean shorelines than in rivers (but not unknown in rivers and especially not in river deltas, which is the kind of place this scene would be taking place since it's supposed to be right near King's Landing.)

In Norwegian we have a specific word for that sort of steep drop: "marbakke".

In english they call it gimmick.

S7E5 has given me the same feeling as the rest this season so far. Tense and enjoyable, and then you start thinking about how inconsistent and illogical things often are. And convenient. It's actually hilarious how the writers don't even bother to cover it up. For no reason at all Gendry decided to be ready to leave at a moment's notice, weapon and all, for 4 years. He says so himself in case you missed it. (nice wink at the rowing Gendry meme BTW) Cersei sees all in King's Landing, but not Gendry. For 4 years. And good thing Jon has already learned about Arya and Bran because Gendry probably is only to going to mention during their trip beyond the wall that he met Arya.

I like this paragraph about the wight-napping plan from AV Club's review:
It’s the dumbest plan ever concocted on Game Of Thrones, so naturally all the once-brilliant strategists in Dragonstone, the people we’ve watched rout King’s Landing of political enemies without breaking a sweat and dominate battles in Blackwater Bay, Castle Black, and all over Essos tacitly consent. “Even if we could get into King’s Landing unnoticed and get an audience with the queen with a wight in tow without being murdered by either her people or the wight, how do we even get up to Eastwatch and back to King’s Landing before the war against the dead begins in earnest?” Nobody has any answers, but that’s okay with everyone in the room, because they know that way it’ll be a bigger surprise for the audience whenever they do whatever they’re gonna do.

Last edited:
So Daenerys has three F-15E Strike Eagle while Cersey has a single shot AAA (sorry if i have a week delay) Why with such air superiority doesnt do a precision bombing on Cersey's palace (to avoid collateral damage and all that :rolleyes: ) and then make some roasted zombies so the dorayakis have something crispy for dinner?

Precision bombings are probably difficult, at least if you want to be certain to kill everyone in the red keep

Plus you'd have to rename it the black keep because it'll be all burnt

This episode has convinced me, I now know who will win the game of thrones.

Spoiler :
Sansa

Top Bottom