Game Option - Random Personalities

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia

Should the CIV4 BTS demogame have "Random Personalities" Option?
This could make Montezuma to be philosophical and spiritual, Ghandi be Financial and Industrial and Elisabeth be Aggressive and Protectionist, and in a novel way rejuvenate foreign relations in demogames.

This way, we avoid automated responses, simply because we cannot preview/sneak preview personalities in foreign affairs, we need to experience them first-hand, or use intelligence to figure this out (throw a bone to the numbers people, here they will be of good use as political biographers).

Options are :

1. Random Personalities
2. Standard Personalities

In favor, its obviously that its easily recognizable for people who knows the game and/or history to choose standard personalities. For those that do not know the game or history, it makes little difference.

On a personal note, I think fixed personalities ruins the journey of discovery in figuring out the national leaders who they really are. As it stands, they are pigeonholed already before you send the first envoy, no surprises and makes for a predictable and boring foreign diplomacy. I would like to get the AI to be able to surprise all over.

Standard will improve the AI, since most personalities match traits. An aggressive personality works best with the aggressive trait.

Oh, I did not know the personalities and traits were separated, and if they are, that is certainly a problem. However, I am still curious about the changed personalities.

I need to specify this.

This poll was for randomizing all leaders personalities. There is a separate discussion if the choice of leader traits should be part of the election (unrestricted), where each faction pick two preferred leader traits.

"Random" is different from "Selection"

Top Bottom