Game pace/eras feel "too fast"

I find the pace of Civics to be slower and the Eurekas harder to trigger; but then it gets much faster towards the end. The issue with Science, I find, is that you seem to go faster and faster. It takes a reasonable while to reach Knights and Crossbows, but then the improvements come so fast I find it hard to keep with the upgrades even though I tend to focus on Commercial & Industrial rather than Campus.

If you want a fun game where the eras don't go by too fast I suggest using the increased x5 all in one mod, you can download it on these forums. It increases research for techs / civics and great person points, production stays the same.

Don't be put off on the first turn when you see code of laws at 72 turns research time and a basic tech at 45 turns. When you start building cities with a campus and get science / culture bonuses from resources and city states etc it speeds up to a decent pace.

You will have plenty of time to build and enjoy the eras. I find the AI to be more challenging at war with this mod aswell, it will build many military units because there are periods of turns when there is nothing else to build.

Enjoy.

Thats okay I guess, but it addresses the symptom, not the problem.

i slowed down the research and civic speed by 100% as soon as mods became available. There is also a mod for 25 inspiration boosts instead of 50% which helps a bit as well.

Top Bottom