Game Realism Settings

GeZe

elmo knows where you live
I've seen lots of people complain "this idea is to complex for me" so I had an idea.

Why not have settings for realism, one for economic, social and military realism. For instance, some who is playing a long epic game would have all the settings on. But someone just out there to kick some butt would have the military on but the rest off. Some one who is a builder would have the social and economic on but the military off etc.

Also, how about "fast action" mode were you start of at an age you choose and you start with 5 settleers and 5 workers some defensive units and have accelerated production.

your joking, right?it would be nearly immposible for the programmers to do this, as it would take to much time, and you could not simply decide to say "oh, i'm good at economics, but bad with my military. i'll just change the settings so they work to my advantage" and comparative scoring would be a nightmere

I'm sure that you could mod that at some degree, ybbor said the rest... :)

ybbor said:
your joking, right?it would be nearly immposible for the programmers to do this, as it would take to much time, and you could not simply decide to say "oh, i'm good at economics, but bad with my military. i'll just change the settings so they work to my advantage" and comparative scoring would be a nightmere

I completely disagree.

you could add radio-buttons on the game creation screen to check/de-check some of the options. If military would be disabled, no military units would be offered for production. If you don't like culture, there would be no cultural borders and temples would just give happiness, as libraries would just increase science.
In fact, in most cases such a game would run much quicker than the epic game, since the engine would have to perform less calculations (think of the freeze in the late game, when you connect / disconnect just one ressource/city to the trading network)
Such a game could be marked in the HOF "limited game settings" or whatever.

Top Bottom