Game recommendations for a fanatic

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Matjillam, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Deep_Blue

Deep_Blue Knight

Thats true no replayability after you finish the game because it will be same story. If every hero type has different game story I will play it again but playing the same game story is dull indeed.

2. Matjillam

Matjillam Warlord

Yeah. I guess if I wait like 1 year or so the gamme will feel brand new and cool again :)

3. ezwip

ezwip Prince

Tropico 3 Absolute Power is fun. Good replay value and you can chillax like you can in a game of Civ.

4. Threedog43

Threedog43 Warlord

A second for Crusader Kings, damn good game. CK2 is slated for an early 2012 release :goodjob:

5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

It worst to mention freeciv ...

Abviously it looks like a game from the 80' but :
    - It's a freeware
    - It's based on civ2 + enhancement
    - It's a real nice way to play online (at last). The AI is crap to be honest
    - It's hold by a huge word wide community
    - It playable on a PII 500 Mhz !!!

Just take a look if you are a real fan of civ

http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

6. Merovinge

Merovinge Warlord

The king's bounty games that the Russians have came out with are pretty fantastic if you played the original as a kid and just want more. I'll admit they can be tedious if you are not a die hard gamer, as they can be extremely challenging, but overall are just great.

7. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

I used to hate the expansion (since it felt like a giant piece of DLC) but after playing it for a while, it's grown on me. Tropico 3 is a fun game that starts off hard but gets easier as the game progresses.

8. blind biker

blind biker King

Freeciv: it suffers from extreme ICS encouragement, and the AI knows it. I used to like Freeciv, but not anymore. The way to win now is to tile cities like there's no tomorrow.

9. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I don't recommend Settlers 7 because it uses Ubisoft's new DRM that requires you to constantly have an internet connection in order to ply, you lose connection and it pauses until you regain it.

Story isn't the most amazing but you do get lots of dialogue choices so the 2nd playthrough is a lot of fun (I've been doing my 2nd playthrough spread out a bit and its pretty good).

I further 2nd most of the suggestions here, Mount&Blade is amazing. So are Paradox's games. Sword of the Stars is a really good space 4x game with turn-based strategic map but real time battles.

10. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to all other games.

11. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

I third Mount and Blade: Warband. I love that game, especially with all the mods for it. I can hardly go a day without playing it.

12. John-SJ

John-SJ Chieftain

I understand that Tropico 3 is pretty good as well. And, I just got an ad today saying that Impulse is having a 1 day sale, 75% off, making the price $7.95, U.S.

13. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

Agree wholeheartedly. I haven't touched Civ4 nor have gotten the urge to buy Civ5 since I bought EU3 and HttT. In fact, unbelievably, I haven't played ANY other game on my computer since buying this game about 2 months ago. My furthest game is also only in 1472 (lasts from 1399-1812 or 1821).

14. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Some mods have strategic depth. Part of the "rpg" is taking over towns and building them up. I like to think of M&B as the medieval robber baron version of Sid Meier's Pirates!

Gal Civ2 is really about the only Civ-like strat game though, other than maybe MoO2.

15. west india man

west india man Immortal

Freecol (like Freeciv, but newer, with better graphics and without most of the downsides) is awesome, and is based on the original Sid Meier's Colonization game.