Game Saturn

50% per team member, yes.

As to who will win the game. Its 4v5 in tightly aligned teams, and pretty even. Someone finished Robotics last turn. A team could maybe build a spaceship or something quickly, but if people start pursuing individual wins the backstabbing mayhem could be epic.

GP points in an alliance should work the same as a team game.

Every time someone in your alliance gets a GP, the cost goes up by 50pts for everyone else.
It's 50% of the amount that the other person's threshold goes up, I think. So for instance, on Epic it goes up by 75 points for the first 10 great people. And on Normal after the first 10 great people, it goes up by 100 (half of 200).

As to who will win the game. Its 4v5 in tightly aligned teams, and pretty even. Someone finished Robotics last turn. A team could maybe build a spaceship or something quickly, but if people start pursuing individual wins the backstabbing mayhem could be epic.
Yeah, it's pretty close. The main limiting factor for me is that I'm leaving in a month, so either the game will need to be wrapped up by then or someone will need to permanently sub for me. If we're finishing in a month, that probably suggests a peaceful victory rather than a military one (which would take too long and be too hard, with the 4 vs 5).

Cool, hope to hear of an epic battle. Who's allied with who?
Elkad, Plako, Toch and myself on one side; Joshua, Elucidus, Dux, Clamburger and Hercules on the other side. Top half of the scoreboard vs bottom half, in fact. ;)

Says the guy with the big army. ;)

Yes, techs are overrepresented on the scoreboard. Still, I'd rather have them than not. :)

Oh, that's a shame. In that case, we can all attack you if you want. Give you a chance to use it. :D

One of the things I like about this game is that it seems to be a split between the alliances of State Property vs Corporations. Which game philosophy will win out? ;) (Yeah, there are tonnes of other factors rendering this minor point kind of moot, but meh.) :p

I'd like to propose a new game rule.

Can we ban the use of the "Change Civics" Espionage mission? LP has discovered that it's use in multiplayer, especially with a no-double-moves rule, is broken. You can lock a player in your choice of civics for the rest of the game at a relatively cheap cost. Done correctly, you could never finish a turn under your preferred civics.

One of the things I like about this game is that it seems to be a split between the alliances of State Property vs Corporations. Which game philosophy will win out? ;) (Yeah, there are tonnes of other factors rendering this minor point kind of moot, but meh.) :p

I thought I was the only civ with State Property? :confused: The others as far as I know are in free market. (w/o corporations) I sure don't know why, I'm sure they have perfect reasons. :p

Also I am subbing for Dux right now. Short notice and no one would have it any other way. :crazyeye: Also I think he is quitting...????? He didn't seem to make a post about it but I heard it mentioned, maybe we need to get hellhound back... Pretty lame of him if he quits this close to the end

I'd like to propose a new game rule.

Can we ban the use of the "Change Civics" Espionage mission? LP has discovered that it's use in multiplayer, especially with a no-double-moves rule, is broken. You can lock a player in your choice of civics for the rest of the game at a relatively cheap cost. Done correctly, you could never finish a turn under your preferred civics.
I agree, the mission is completely broken (i.e. probably a factor of 10 too cheap). For only slightly more EP's than the single city revolt mission, you can force a civ to go into Anarchy for 1-3 turns to get their civics back (effectively like a massive city revolt mission for the entire empire). Alternatively, you can lock someone out of their favourite civics for the entire game, for only the cost of a few hundred EP's every four turns.

We definitely need to ban this, IMHO. It's just unfun otherwise.

Most of the discussion is here, if anyone is interested: http://z14.invisionfree.com/Parkinsworld/index.php?showtopic=220&st=30

I thought I was the only civ with State Property? :confused: The others as far as I know are in free market. (w/o corporations) I sure don't know why, I'm sure they have perfect reasons. :p
Ah, okay... I didn't check. Never mind then. :p

Also I am subbing for Dux right now. Short notice and no one would have it any other way. :crazyeye: Also I think he is quitting...????? He didn't seem to make a post about it but I heard it mentioned, maybe we need to get hellhound back... Pretty lame of him if he quits this close to the end
Where did you hear it mentioned - from him, or from someone else? It would certainly be a pain if he quitted so close to the end.

Getting hellhound back to sub for him would be reasonable though, I guess. Makes sense, since he was previously in the game and on your side.

I heard it from him... right now he's on vacation somewhere and can't be contacted. I'll have to contact him when he gets back. Apparently he's starting a job soon so he'll have less free time, but that's a dumb excuse. I've only had like 3 - 4 hours of free time per day for the last several weeks! :crazyeye:

Also Super Sam is disappearing on a vacation for a week or two and I think needs a sub. I can't do dux and him at the same time. Also hellhound seems to be out on vacation as well, he won't be back until who knows when, so he can't sub in the short term. Madness!!!! :run:

Your Medic 3 Cavalry? ;)

If so many of your team are going away, you could always just declare us the winners and finish the game. :p

The game is still on 3.17...

Aww, dmoc would be great. Back with a vengeance from being wiped out in the BCs... technically he was in our alliance. :p

Sam is out of time already, right? Has he picked anyone to sub? Perhaps Elucidus could just hop in... (I have his password.)

Also I surrender my civilization to Lord Parkin, he has truly bested me with my two-fifths-of-alliance-taking-a-week-vacation-ness. :hatsoff:

Top Bottom