Unrestricted leaders
No city flipping from culture
No huts
No random events
2 city elimination

Format
Turn based pitboss with 24 hours per team

Hi.
Not sure if I may post here; if not, please just delete my post.
Two points I didn't understand:
"5vs5" and "2 city elimination" that means 5 civs allied again other 5 civs also allied, or 5 cities
against 5 cities?
Pitboss with 24 hours per team? Not an usual pitboss, but each team can play the 1st 24H, then the other team and so on?
My thanks in advance.

It is 5 civs vs 5 civs. If a player loses 2 cities he/she is out and their civ is eliminated. The game still continues 5v4. Whether the game is still wininable at that point for the team that is one player down depends on the in game tactical situation, the importance of the civ that was lost, how early the kill happened, etc. I have come back in many games after being down 5v4, etc.

Couple other thoughts on the setting. It is start seperated so 2 will be on top and 3 will be on bottom or vice versa more likely. 1 and 4 can also happen (being the 1 is no fun usually because the only thing you are trying to do is stay alive while you get choked to death). Even with the large map there will be plenty of choking going on early, trust me.

Espionage is allowed I assumed, with no banned civs? I do not see either mentioned.

Some questions to check if this team game is as I knew it, please:

1) When a player researches a tech, it becomes known by all team?
2) If two or more partners are researching the same tech, their beakers add?
3) When a player connects a resource, the whole team, if connected, gets it?
4) When a player builds an WW, the whole team gets it?
5) A gift unit changes its status to the new nationality?

My thanks in advance.

Some questions to check if this team game is as I knew it, please:

1) When a player researches a tech, it becomes known by all team?
2) If two or more partners are researching the same tech, their beakers add?
3) When a player connects a resource, the whole team, if connected, gets it?
4) When a player builds an WW, the whole team gets it?
5) A gift unit changes its status to the new nationality?

My thanks in advance.

1. yes but all players in team research same tech usually.
2. Yes same as 1
3. No resources are per player
4. Yes, exept wonders like great library or temple of Artemis that have effect in only 1 city
5. No units remain what they are after gifting...Impis remain impis etc

4. Another important exception is Taj mahal, not that I think we will get that far in this game...

Unit gifting is very useful in MP for multiple reasons.

1. A player may have great production but poor income. He can gift units to a player with the reverse to avoid going broke.

2. It allows player to avoid having units all over the map they have to account for, including those than end up guarding allies cities (less important in PitBoss where you have time to look things over though).

It is 5 civs vs 5 civs. If a player loses 2 cities he/she is out and their civ is eliminated. The game still continues 5v4. Whether the game is still wininable at that point for the team that is one player down depends on the in game tactical situation, the importance of the civ that was lost, how early the kill happened, etc. I have come back in many games after being down 5v4, etc.

How does the city elimination work exactly? I've never played before with this option.
  • When a civ is eliminated, do any remaining cities just vanish into thin air, or what happens to them?
  • If a civ loses a city, and recaptures it, does the 'loss counter' go back to zero. I.e. can they lose another (different) city and stay in the game? What about if the same city is captured (then reclaimed) multiple times?
  • If you capture a city from an opponent, then lose it back to them, does it count as a lost city for you? What if you lose it to someone else (maybe after the original civ was eliminated)? What if you gift it to someone else?
Etc etc.. :) Can someone explain the detail of how this game mechanic works?
Couple other thoughts on the setting. It is start seperated so 2 will be on top and 3 will be on bottom or vice versa more likely. 1 and 4 can also happen (being the 1 is no fun usually because the only thing you are trying to do is stay alive while you get choked to death).

Ok. looking at the save. Couple of thoughts. North will be more crowded then the south. North is 3v3 and south will be 2v2 initially.

These seem to contradict each other.. can someone confirm, is it 3v3 and 2v2, or 3v2 in both halves?

You cannot gift cities in teamers like you can do in normal games. To be able to gift a city it must be culture bordering and I think must be fairly newly planted and under some cultural pressure from teamates city.

I am a bit surprised by this. I've played at least two pitboss teamers before (both teams of 2) and done quite a bit of city swapping and gifting and never ran into any restrictions... Anyone able to confirm this and explain the specific mechanics / restrictions here?

Cheers,
Munro

2 city elimination means lose 2 cities and you are dead, the rest of your cities units etc all vanish...pfff gone.

The north vs south....usually it is 3vs3 and 2vs2...but I am not 100% certain that it could not be 3vs2 both sides.

Regarding city gifting, maybe city elimination on makes this, so that you cannot gift a city just before you are eliminated...otherwise, you would just gift a city to another civ and survive.

I was sure that you could gift cities to avoid elimination. Have you actually tried this indiansmoke? If gifting a city away count as losing a city then 2 gifts would kill you though...

I know that in online always war teamers with city elimination on you cannot just gift any city. You can gift cities but under the conditions I posted. City gifting does not count as losing a city BTW.

Top Bottom