Game Speed

Which Speed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally i like epic games however considering that there could possibly be 2 games for us id have to vote normal judging just by how long it took to complete 100 turns in the civ3 mtdg and that was just with 4 teams.

BCLG100 said:
Personally i like epic games however considering that there could possibly be 2 games for us id have to vote noble judging just by how long it took to complete 100 turns in the civ3 mtdg and that was just with 4 teams.
Too many polls? ;)

I voted quick simply because you need to play 2 games (1 if we lose but that wont happen)

With my statement above i'm assuming it is a PBEM.

If that is the case just think of this, a quick game is 320 turns. Given that all the teams will have top players the games will probably end by the 2/3 turn mark, which is 210 turns . Also with 7 team we will be doing really well to average a turn every 5 days. For 2 games this will be 2100 days or 5.75 years to finish, but it could easily be longer. If you do the same sum based on a normal speed game it adds up to 7.25 years, on epic 9.75 years.

Robi D said:
With my statement above i'm assuming it is a PBEM.

If that is the case just think of this, a quick game is 320 turns. Given that all the teams will have top players the games will probably end by the 2/3 turn mark, which is 210 turns . Also with 7 team we will be doing really well to average a turn every 5 days. For 2 games this will be 2100 days or 5.75 years to finish, but it could easily be longer. If you do the same sum based on a normal speed game it adds up to 7.25 years, on epic 9.75 years.

robi again..... too much time:mischief:

Robi you must really have a boring job...;)

After hearing that I am willing to switch my vote. In 5.75 years...CiV 6 might be out.

And to follow the trend i will too, though maybe normal for when we get through to the next round!

That was like 5 mins out of my day to work out:)

Top Bottom