game stability

acestealth

Chieftain
I've been having great issues with stability lately. I've deleted my rife folder and reinstalled a couple of times and updating. Even only using the default add-ons and doing a play now before using custom games to fix any hidden problems hasn't helped. I'm ctd constantly. Just me?

i don't think its a memory allocation issue. if it was that would generally be random correct? it seems that some things are happening certain turns that unavoidably cause me to crash, because even reloading doesn't help me when a game starts crashing on a certain turn. My operating system is xp atm.

If you're getting a repeatable crash on the same turn in the same game, that's almost certainly a bug.

Best is to upload a save game from the turn before the crash (upload it in the bug thread) to enable the RifE team to track down the bug.

i thought the same thing, but its not just one save game, it seems like every game within 20-100 turns, something will happen that will cause a repeatable crash on a certain turn. even if i back up 1-5 turns its consistent. I'll try and get a few save games up to look at asap.

hmm figures now that i said that, its not as consistent, but close, within several turns. the one below i crashed on turns 40 twice then turn 42 once...

also could it be that im overwriting games that were from previous builds? i seem to remember reading somewhere that was bad now. lol

Top Bottom