1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game takes 10 minutes to load. Domestic Advisor window takes 1-2 minutes. How to make it faster?!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by egaonogenki, Sep 28, 2019.

1. egaonogenki

egaonogenki Warlord

I uploaded my latest game save for my most current game for you. I am the Scandinavians and have over 200 cities. (I sorta lost count.)

I hope your system is ready to take the map size: 256x160. It's one MASSIVE map, but the total world population is still not at 1 billion. My civ's population however, is at over 800 million though.

Anyways, do you have any idea how to make my game load faster? (Takes about 10 minutes to load.)

And how to make the Domestic Advisor window load faster? (Takes about 1-2 minutes to load.)

Also, at every turn, the game sometimes just gets stuck in a loading pattern for about a minute or two as well.

The file attached is KLV (Kristian Lie Vogt - the ruler's name) DI (Divine Intervention, a civ-rescuing event that happened about 1090 BC) 2.41 (My saves are named every .01 since 1.0.), so KLV DI 2.41.CivBeyondSwordSave.

Overall, this game feels SLOOOOOWWWWW. One turn can take 10-20 minutes to complete if I don't alt+tab away to do something else. I wish you'd figure out a way to speed up the rate that it operates. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. mikmac

mikmac Chieftain