Game Types

Hornets

Charged with Positivity
Hello there! First post I make

I've been reading some articles (specially the Individual Civs Reviews) and I found out that there are plenty of ways to manage your empire. For instance, you can be the world banker (which apparently is easier to achieve if you're playing with India) or you can be a peaceful builder, etc etc etc.

What types of games/strategies can be used and what are they're main features?

Thanks

Same here. Even peaceful victories seem to require so much war that I'm usually heavy into conquest by the time the Industrial Age is 2/3 done. I always start thinking about space and get sidetracked. Spain has Incense, Aztecs have nice, nearby cities, etc.

Besides, the game is safer when you don't have to worry about a strong enemy bullying you. I prefer to bully them.

I prefer the games were I don't die. I like those very much. That usuallly means sending at least a few Civilizations to the museum. And then someone is mad at you for killing such and such and taking their this (luxury) or that (resource) and they beg to be killed too. Pretty soon there's not much point in letting any witnesses live.

Honestly I really am a builder. But builders need space to build, and that means starting with a domination-minded approach most of the time. I also like to see what I build put to action. Why make all those nice cavalry if you can't use them. I win by culture and domination the most. I've only bothered with the space ship a few times, mostly because it is just such a LONG game (at least the way I play).

Currently I've never won by diplomacy. Somehow I can't see begging for votes from people I could wipe off the planet (and do so at least a few hundred years before the UN can make a decision).

Ok thank you very much guys.

Oh, another thing, can anyone explain me what is playing as the "banker" civ? I read something like that in these forums but I don't know what it means.

Ok thank you very much guys.

Oh, another thing, can anyone explain me what is playing as the "banker" civ? I read something like that in these forums but I don't know what it means.

IIRC that means you don't research on your own. You buy a tech an AI just researched and sell it to everybody else to build up your gold. Haven't tried it myself. On lower levels I wouldn't recommend it. I'd go for getting a tech lead on my own research. Why keep the AI's on tech parity if you can help it.

Wish I could write like Raliuven - he expressed my feelings and experiences perfectly.

I think he means something that Moonsinger (spelling?) once brought up. It involves buying up all the gold in the world and giving the AI's gpt. The AI's won't attack you because you are paying them and you get to sit out all the wars and can capitalize off your trading relationships. I know I'm missing something in equation.

At any rate, I think it would be very, very difficult to pull off unless you are really, really good at diplomany and AI manipulation (which I am not).

P.S.
Wish I could write like Raliuven - he expressed my feelings and experiences perfectly.
Thanks! And my parents said I wouldn't amount to anything.

The easiest way to get what you want is to get it in a peace treaty.

The easiest way to get what you want is to get it in a peace treaty.

Hey, when you put it that way, maybe I'm not half bad at manipulting the AI after all . . .

Top Bottom