Game Verison for DG5

Black_Hole

Deity
Do we want to have Vanilla, PTW, or Conquests???

I have conquests and ptw(If you have conquests you have PTW)...
Please post your opinon here and also what versions you have.

I have all 3, naturally...

I have all 3 version. But to be fair to anyone who does not have PTW and/or C3C. I beleve we should still stick with vannila Civ3.

It's time to move on to Conquests. Vanilla has gotten, well, plain?

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
It's time to move on to Conquests. Vanilla has gotten, well, plain?

-- Ravensfire
I personaly would rather see that we continue using Vannila Civ3. If we use C3C, we would aleinate thoes who dont have C3C and the Mac players.

Before making a decision on which version to support, I would like to know how many of our citizens use Macs exclusively (and would therefore be completely cut off from viewing the game save if we shifted to an expansion).

The game definitely needs some excitement. PTW has a lot of game featuers which I think would have potential to make the demogame more fun, and the added wonders and chances for earlier strategic decisions makes Conquests even more interesting. If there are many (and it would have to be at least 3-5 IMHO) players who simply can't work with either expansion, we could consider sticking with standard Civ3, but I'm definitely in favor of Conquests, or PTW if the majority don't want to go all the way.

CivGeneral said:
I personaly would rather see that we continue using Vannila Civ3. If we use C3C, we would aleinate thoes who dont have C3C and the Mac players.

On the other hand, it may attract players who don't have an interest in vanilla or PTW.

I have vanilla and PTW, but even if I did have Conquests, I would NOT reccomend using it, because even though many of us here have Conquests, at least 40% of Civ players do not, so playing using it would rule them out. There is one way around this problem, as much as I hate to say it, proposed by donsig, which is to have those in elected positions post all infortmation relative to their position after every turnchat. Just a solution for if you go with Conquests.

@Boots: Fier isnt here right now, leaving me the only Maccie. The maccie who bought a legit copy of XP yesterday so he could get the darn network card to work on his machine so he could take his computer up to his room and out of the "office". I think its safe to say we don't have any, and if we do, they're silent.

Well, I for one have some difficulty staying interested in the demogame at the moment. Mostly because we come to a point where the game is just a walk in the park - at least in terms of strategy. Conquests offer some variety in terrain, units, traits, wonders, and would be a welcome game in my book.
Cant we just poll this?

I know in the new version of CFC's Forums. You can look at other people's profiles to see what versions of Civ they have. Though it would work to a point since some people would be lazy to update there profiles :p.

I have but vanilla civ3, but I hasten to point out that there is much depth of participation even if you don't have the same version. I, for example, play DYP and will delete regular civ3 upon the time that my interim governorship is over. However, I still plan on being part of things via the Judiciary, focussing on the mechanics of the Demogame rather than the CivIII part itself. Of course, this is but one solution, but it must be brought up.

Top Bottom