1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game window suddenly slightly too big for my screen.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Navelgazer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

Hello. Playing through Steam on a MacBook, and have been for a while. To my knowledge it's never done this before, but suddenly this morning the game window is just a little too big for my screen, cutting off the bottom, crucially the "play" button, but also some info at the very bottom of the screen like about units, etc.

I have no idea why this would have happened or how to fix it, wether it's an issue with Civ, Steam, or my computer, just really at a loss.

I don't have this problem in fullscreen but I need this to be in a window. Any ideas?

Thank you!

2. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

Okay, I just figured out my problem, but am posting the solution here for posterity:

I sometimes, but not usually, plus my macbook into an external monitor, because it's the power source in my wife's office. I've played Civ in that set-up before with no problem, but had never started a game in that set-up before, where the launcher assumes different parameters, I guess. Starting it off of the external monitor and then plugging that back in fixed the problem, though.