Game won't install.

My machine meets all the requirements, but when i insert the DVD into my drive, nothing seems to happen. Not only is there no autoplay, but when i go to my computer and try to open the drive manually, it says there is no disc in the DVD drive.

What the..!! :mad:

I have exactly the same problem. I just got the game this morning and put it in and there is no autoplay whatsoever, and its not recognising the DVD. The weird thing is that when I looked at my disc there are weird patches on my disc, as if the disc hasnt benn burned properly. Out of curiosity did you buy yours from Play.com

I have exactly the same problem.

The DVD itself seems to be OK - it opens fine on one of my works PC's. But not in my Compaq DVD drive (which has no problems with any other DVD).

When I phoned the Take2 support line this morning, they said it's the first they have heard of this problem (although they did mention about lots of people having problems running the game after installation!).

What make of drives are you guys using? Perhaps we can try to narrow down the problems to specific drives / types of drive.

For example, my drive is a Compaq GD-8000 (which I suspect is actually a Hitachi drive with a Compaq badge).

I have the same problem.
I bought it form play.com.
I have a Samsung sd-604 DVD ROM (5X i think)

Never experienced anything like this before. I guess there's no other solution than to get a new dvd.

As you can see from my spec further up my DVD player was pretty old, and I aslo didn't have a DVD writer, so today I went out and bought one, and after that there have been no more problems. I could even play the game fine, even tho' my hardware is just above the minimum requirements for this game.

i've also had this problem and have been told i need to update my DVD-Rom with Firmware then it should work havent tried yet but it's the only bit of hope we got at the moment!:(

I also got told that about the Firmware. The problem was that my DVD ROM was so old that i could hardly find any firmware at all. The newest 'driver' i could find was from 2003, and wasn't in any way official. Samsum/Fujitsu-Siemens didn't even have it listed on their websites.

I also have the same problem, but with cd rom, they told me it was my firmware, i went everywhere tryin to look for it but couldn't find it. The Game tect say its my hardware and the hardware techs say its the game :confused: Civ 4 is really going down in points with me. I've been tryin to get this done for 2 days now. I was able to install it once but couldn't get the game to load so I uninstalled it and thats it, now it wont read the disk at all, Fu** Sid Meier

Bummer. I am afraid I am going to seriously screw up my PC trying to make this game run, and I am sure 2K will help me fix it if this happens.

Top Bottom