1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gameplay Proposal: Hero Units

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by TheSpaceCowboy, Aug 24, 2017.

1. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy The Gangster of Love

I’d propose a new mechanic wherein the first time each unity type (discounting unique units) is promoted to the fourth tier, that unit is replaced by a unique Hero Unit which retains all of the promotions of the previous unit but has an additional upgrade exclusive to itself.

All Civilizations are competing to become the first to acquire this Hero Unit. If America is the first to promote a Slinger to Tier Four, they alone get David, to the exclusion of all other Civilizations.

Examples:

Slinger Hero: David
    • Huge bonus to ranged attack against melee Hero Units
    Archer Hero: Paris
    • Huge bonus to ranged attack when garrisoned in a city with damaged walls
    Knight Hero: William Marshal
    • Attacks against anti-cavalry units ignore all defensive bonuses and deal equal damage to any adjacent anti-cavalry units
    Bi-Plane Hero: Red Baron
    • Fully heal after attacking another air fighter unit
    Privateer Hero: Queen Anne’s Revenge
    • Can pillage coastal tiles at no movement cost

2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Too much like an RPG for my taste. I'd prefer civ to stick to grand strategy/historical simulation myself. Having a tier 4 unit is enough of a reward in itself.

3. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Could be nice in a mythological scenario or war scenario, but I think it would overcomplicate Civ VI's gameplay. We aren't quite ready for Civ IV's Great General boosted units yet, given the 1UPT system of Civ VI which drastically reduced the overall protectability of units.

4. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

Also, who takes the time to upgrade a slinger to level 4?

5. drubell

drubell Prince

These are my feelings about that weird achievement where you need to airlift a level 3 slinger