Gameplay videos

Fresol

Angry Halfling in Green
Hi guys, I've just uploaded a few game videos(Viking and Argentine historical victories) to Acfun(a Chinese video website). If you are interested you can check them out here.

Well I have to admit that the videos are not of high quality, there is no commentary and you may just want to skim through them anyway. But any feedback is welcome, as I plan to make more of them in the future.

I don't know if you guys can actually watch the videos from outside China. If not, is Youku(another Chinese site) better for you? I have trouble uploading to Youtube thanks to the Great Firewall and I'm looking for solutions.

thank you very much, the videos do work fine.
However, I must admit your guides with screenschots and, importantly, comments were more useful (for me). I suppose if you don't explain what you are doing, either in writing or speaking, it is hard to follow.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm thinking of writing a complementary guide for each game video at the moment, until a better idea comes to mind.

Fresol could you please do Poland? I just can't figure out how to survive the eternal Polish problem of being attacked by Russia and Germany at the same time...

I'll consider it.

Back in 1.12 I didn't find it hard to play as Poland, and there wasn't a problem of being attacked by either Holy Rome or Russia. I suppose you can try to provoke war between Holy Rome and the Vikings, and the Mongols will keep the Russians busy for a while. The Ottomans may also help you out, keeping Holy Rome and Russia busy. Accepting demands is another way to maintain peace.

By the way, have you read the Great DoC UHV v 1.12 Challenge thread?

Fresol could you please do Poland? I just can't figure out how to survive the eternal Polish problem of being attacked by Russia and Germany at the same time...

Expect the video within a day. It's a short game(about 90mins), but it took me several tries to get it done right.

I ragequitted a few times when everyone declared war on me or the start was terrible. And there's this one time where I came close to victory, I was only 1 or 2 turns away from finishing all the cathedrals and researching Liberalism, when Turkey declared war on me and took my one of the four cities in a blitz, ruining everything.

Then I realized I need to build up SOME army after all. I was successfully to repel the Vikings and Russians this time, and did not draw Turkey's aggression once again. It was clutch to achieve goal 1 with the wars interfering, but survival is the key in this game.

I just wanted to say thx man, by watching these videos, I realized how much time and effort you had to put in making your previous screenshot guides, exceptional!

Is there a chance for a Mongol UHV video in the future?

Mongol UHV will be a quick game, so yes.

通过我的 m2 note 上的 Tapatalk发言

Okay I've finally uploaded the rest 3 parts of the Mongol game to Bilibili: p3, p4 and p5. A complementary guide will be up when I find the time.

I'm also uploading the Poland game, my attempt to upload to Acfun failed so I'm changing over to Bilibili.

In the meanwhile, suggestions for the next civ to play are welcome.

There are several gameplay guides in the Great DoC UHV 1.13 Challenge thread (more recent than the 1.12 thread that Fresol linked to).

My solution to the diplomacy/war problem was to conquer cities and gift them to my neighbors, but I got a pretty lucky start where most of my starting stack survived.

Top Bottom