1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Games larger than 22 civs.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by SG-17, Feb 26, 2015.

1. SG-17

SG-17 Deity

Seeing the AI games has got me curious, what resources would you need to run a game with more than 22 civs?

I normally play Giant TSL Earth with 22 civs and 30 city states. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE at 3.4ghz, a 6870 1gb, and 8gb of RAM. I have my PC hooked up to my TV so I only run at like 768p. The only slowdowns I ever experience are during the first turn when everyone is settling their first cities.

What's the theoretical maximum number of civs and CSes I could use without experiencing bad slowdown? I'm at work now so I won't be able to try it myself for a while.

2. danielisamazing

danielisamazing Chieftain

well this is what I (and most people, I think) use.
    Spoiler :
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397387

allows you to have 43 civs on the map, but I think with 43 civs you can only have 20 city states.

EDIT: I just realized I totally misread your question lol. I feel like the best thing to do would be to just try it and see, no harm in that.