Gandhi Doesn't Like You - Deity Photojournal

IcyAngel

Prince
Hello friends,

With finals being over, and with Christmas parties settling down, I thought I would start a new Deity playthrough. A twist: I looked up AI personality biases and rolled a D10 dice for each pertinent bias, with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10. I plan to act, as a leader, according to these bias scores. Here are all the biases (http://civdata.com/) and here are their effect (http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/AI_trait_(Civ5)).

The biases I rolled are as follows:
Spoiler :

Boldness 5
Denounce Willingness 3
Diplomatic Balance 3
Friendship Willingness 3
Forgiveness 3
Loyalty 8
Meanness 10
City-State Competitiveness 7
Neediness 9
Victory Competitiveness 7
Warmonger Hatred 10

Culture 10
Diplomacy 3
Religion 8
Science 4
Offense 5

What does this give us? From Friendship Willingness, Warmonger Hatred and the two Competitiveness scores our leader is, as a famous diplomat (*giggles*) would put it, a "hater". Furthermore, 10 in Meanness (the likelihood to coop-war on vulnerable enemies) means we have a mighty opportunist on our hands. Yet, as unlikely as we are to make friends, high Loyalty and Neediness mean we'll stick to our buddies like Britney Jean Spears sticks to Autotune.

From the victory flavors, we're aiming with all guns blazing for a cultural victory strongly aided by religion.

A passive-aggressive religious psychopath, hmm... who does that sound like...

Spoiler :

Playing with the 12-15 hotfix, and a few VP modmods I will list below. I will present the peculiarities as they come along.

Settings:
Spoiler :
Gandhi, Continents, Standard size, Epic Speed, Deity

Research Agreements ON
Tech Trading ON
Tech Brokering OFF
Chill Barbarians ON
Bad and Neutral Events OFF (I hate getting spammed...)
Transparent Diplomacy

Mods (Note that some of these mods are NOT yet complete, so be indulgent towards the modders if something breaks or isn't balanced.):
Spoiler :

Let's go!

Last edited:
This will certainly be interesting. I don't imagine there's much room for roleplaying in Deity, but I could be wrong. Go for it Gandhi!

Tomorrow on Gandhi Doesn't Like You: we have been denounced! By the 7 other leaders in the game... :D
We don't like Gandhi either. :p

Hey!! I'm playing as Ghandi right now, don't hate :p

Seriously though I'm not a fan of Ghandi with these 3/4 UC but normally in VP he is MVP:)

Doesn't mean I'm not wreaking everyone within my continent! All of the religions were on our continent, crazy sh** I finally spread my religion to all of my cities and city states once I take a few capitals my religion shall be above all :borg:

Hey!! I'm playing as Ghandi right now, don't hate :p

Seriously though I'm not a fan of Ghandi with these 3/4 UC but normally in VP he is MVP:)

Doesn't mean I'm not wreaking everyone within my continent! All of the religions were on our continent, crazy sh** I finally spread my religion to all of my cities and city states once I take a few capitals my religion shall be above all :borg:

The new uniques aren't particularly great but they aren't bad either; India being very strong in base VP, the 3/4 UC shouldn't make them stronger anyway. (And I hear the archer replacement will be modified soon.)

Taking capitals, you madman! *-* Big combat and tourism penalties for you!

Last edited:
Egypt built Karnak - so cool :thumbsup:. Can you pls attach a save file after each part? I’d like to take the opportunity to check how AI handles new Wonders e.g. Arabia built Chartes Cathedral, wonder if they send TRs to it.

Egypt built Karnak - so cool :thumbsup:. Can you pls attach a save file after each part? I’d like to take the opportunity to check how AI handles new Wonders e.g. Arabia built Chartes Cathedral, wonder if they send TRs to it.

Haha, didn't notice that!

I attached my latest autosave, and will also do so on the next parts; don't have the earlier ones unfortunately! Tell me if it doesn't work.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0300 AD-1400.Civ5Save
    2 MB · Views: 51
Haha, didn't notice that!
I attached my latest autosave, and will also do so on the next parts; don't have the earlier ones unfortunately! Tell me if it doesn't work.
Can you also attach a 3/4UC mod that you are using? This one is changing, I would need a version you have to make sure the saves will load correctly.

Other mods:

Wonders Expanded (9)
Maritime Battles+ (VP) (10)
Really Advanced Setup (15)
Unique City-States (2)

I also attached the iteroi dll replacement I'm using.

If you can't find the mods tell me I'll upload them somewhere.

Attachments

• More Unique Components for Vox Populi (v 19).zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 3UC4UC for Vox Populi.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
  • CvGameCore_Expansion2-release-20171215.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Holy Site giving in total 29 yields... it's just wrong. And there's a parallel discussion about Manufactories being almost worthless.

Keep in mind, 9 of these yields are from our enhancer belief, and 5 from the reformation building. Holy Sites are rarely this strong!

Keep in mind, 9 of these yields are from our enhancer belief, and 5 from the reformation building. Holy Sites are rarely this strong!
I know. But mere fact that you actually can have a tile with 29 yields means that something is wrong along the way.

I think Holy Sites only benefit someone who is snowballing and has a religion, I've been Byzantium and made 700+ faith per turn and could pop out Great Prophets like nobody's business. Still I find it weird the way Holy Sites give so many other yields, rather than just being an investment of faith per turn ... alas I am not a game dev (or mod dev) :p

I think Holy Sites only benefit someone who is snowballing and has a religion, I've been Byzantium and made 700+ faith per turn and could pop out Great Prophets like nobody's business. Still I find it weird the way Holy Sites give so many other yields, rather than just being an investment of faith per turn ... alas I am not a game dev (or mod dev) :p
It was faith per turn in vanilla. The main problem with that is the utility of faith drops off very sharply, so Holy Sites were pretty useless. Also, Great Prophets are a pure faith investment, and it's pointless if you get nothing but more faith in return.

Top Bottom