1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gandhi or Monty?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by whiplash_CDC, Nov 11, 2007.

1. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

After playing in a couple of dozen Pitboss games I've noticed that most players fall into one of two categoriers. When finding a player nearby they either go for the quick kill or set up an alliance.

Which are you?

IMO, the quick kill strategy is a loser as you will lose in the long run. Even if you eventualy take your naighbor out you will be hopelessly behind in the tech race.

I also think it's rather dull. It doesn't take much civ skill to just build a stack and take it to your neighbor.

2. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

The answer to this question for most people is of course both... You need someone to trade with or you will be left behind. And you need to ruthlessly kill those blocking your expansion(if you can) or you will be left behind. Always peace doesn't work but same for always war. That is why these two AI's are some of the best you can face in the game since they are so single minded it is easy to take advantage of them.

3. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I think it depends on the situation. Say for instance you're on a snakey continent, surrounded by tundra and ice, and your neighbor is on a choke point leading to all the good land. You can sit there and flounder about into mediocrity or try and conquer the good land. Just saying.