Gandhi--Peaceful or Warmonger?

Yeah, there are lurkers...people I think are hoping SGs will eventually work better than they are now. And definitely from here on out no more save-changing mods in SGs...and DLC-wise just free ones. That way everyone who wants to can play.

Kibitzer: I'm interested in an SG. Except I got Civ V only 2 weeks ago, so I'm still very fresh and getting to know the game.
I've played some SG's in Civ III. Strange enough, there are still more SG's in Civ III on the go than there are in Civ V, I wonder why that is.

Steam and DLC's require making some rules about them. Mods have always been off-limits for SG's, but graphic mods and mods that only provide extra info were fine in at least Civ III. Although what I'm noticing with InfoAddict is that it needs to be installed in the game, which is different from Civ III's CivAssist. That program you could just run alongside the game or not, but it had no interference with the game. That was much better, of course.

Can you actually disable DLC's? If you can't, it would be a major complication for SG's, with those extra civs coming out in a steady drip, so that everyone has a different package. Is there at least the option that the person with the least extra civs can start up the game and that it will be okay for everybody then?

I'm keeping an eye on how you're getting on with this SG. Apart from the snag you've hit I don't feel like jumping in halfway through anyway, but if at some stage a new SG gets started I would very much like to be part of it.

Yeah I've been admiring the last few, I want to do one just because other people are relying on my input from a turnset to know how to approach their next one. I play with little deep thought, just relying on feel and previous experience to roll through my games against the AI. So having to construct strategy and use a little common bonding might be fun. I suppose I'd have to learn some patience as I seem to have more play time around my mon-fri 8-6 schedule hah... Anyways if you need some fodder for another shot I'd be in, I have all the DLC civ's not the additional map packs so I guess as long as I don't create the game we'd be okay? The practice at working with screen shots and posting them on line would probably be good for me at the least haha...

Well I finally got to look at the save....

I don't think we will be carrying this on. The patch has put us at 29 :c5angry:. I didn't bother looking beyond that!!!

If we do want to start another SG then I can't roll the start as I have all DLC civs. They should have an option were instead of saying which civs to include on a map you can select one not to include.

29!! Ouch. Yeah I think that's 29 nails in the coffin for this game. A pity too.

There was a way to "hide" DLC civs from the save file...I can't remember where it was but it was on these forums. As it is I could roll the start again a I only have Mongolia.

Any thoughts on what settings/civ/special rules?

Apparently though even if you do that the game still detects that you have premium DLCs and labels the save as such.

Well how about something that should be reasonably fast? Maybe domination game as Mongolia or Rome?

Settings, standard or small map, Pangea or Oval (can't remember if that's a standard script or I downloaded it), huts left on (I never play with them on in my offline games so it makes a nice change).

Monty could be another good option. Use his UA and Honour to see how much culture we can get in the early game. Go for raging barbs to really leverage Honours new bonus.

I'm happy with King or Emperor difficulty.

If we wanted to spice things up we could use a less common map type such as Highlands, Great Plains or Tiny Islands.

Tiny Islands as the Ottomans to see if thier newly buffed UA is any good or if they are still rubbish. Get a large fleet from barbs and snipe capitals could work fairly quickly.

Any other ideas?

Well no mods that affect saves (it will say in the mod description in the browser). Sadly this means no info addict. Especially annoying as the new version has introduced an attitude map thing.

Maybe would could try winning the game with the victory a particular civ is least/I] geared towards? Just an idea...

Also just as an FYI I will be traveling from the 9th to the 18th and have little or no access to internet during that time.

Well the main one that springs to mind is Japan and a diplo victory. He has no economic bonuses.

One possible way would be a kind of "razing economy". We pillage and raze the AIs land (never totally destroying them) to keep our bank balance high. I'm not really sure it would work or generate enough money, especially compared to trading.

The problem as I see it is that whilst some civs are geared in a certain direction, it doesn't mean that they aren't equally capable of winning in all ways (except culture and that's a special case IMO).

My main reason for suggesting the faster domination game and civs was the desire to actually finish a game before another patch ruins it for us!

Top Bottom