Gandhi--Peaceful or Warmonger?

I think the hammer might have to wait till at least the set after mine. I'll jut try to set it up for the next lucky punter!

I'll probably play on Thursday as I might have a "sort of not really, just a drink and a chat" date tomorrow. Either that or I've got the wrong end of the stick:spear:

Side note: be absolutely certain to put the Barracks on the queue for whichever city it was...the hammers go to waste otherwise.

So I hope cripp is a better general than I turned out to be...;)

Grandad should be setting you up with rifles (or almost) and several trebs. At that point all you need to do is not be stupid (i.e. leaving your flank exposed)

PFT

I tweak some tiles that are being worked to get more production etc.

Vijay starts a Barracks (turns out the uni had no hammers invested).
Vara changes from the Barracks to a Libary.

We're losing our grasp on Monaco but since I'm saving gold I'm going to let them slip.

Himeji Castle BIAFL

Pata, Granary > Musket
Delhi, Armoury > Treb

No longer friends of Monaco.

Metallurgy > Chemistary
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hiawatha offers peace. I considered saying yes as we could just DoW in 10 but I'm not sure how the diplo works on this. I say no.
Spoiler :

Hiawatha allies Kuala Lumpa and they promptly DoW us.

We get our GSci and I bulb Rifling.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Mumbai, Colosseum > Uni
Vijay, Barracks > Rifle

IBT a Kuala Lumpa knight steals one of are workers. Well thats their fate sealed then.

I sell some goods to fund our upgrades.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I say a big thank you to Harun and Cathy for the cash and upgrade our Longswords to Rifles.

I also gift Seoul 250 gold to make them allies (briefly).

I hit enter and turn 7 rolls round and I'm inundated with notification spam!

Ok.

The Ottermans lose their capital to Harun and then they sign a peace treaty.

Cathy and Hiawatha enter the renaissence.

Cathy builds Notre Dame.

Vara, Libary > Uni
Delhi, Treb > Treb

We gain an SP and I take Landed Elite.
Spoiler :

We are no longer allies of Seoul. I said it was going to be brief.

Pata, Rifle > Rifle

I give Monaco 250 to be friends again. This is a bit of :smoke: as I should have given it to Seoul to become allies with them again.

Info

Info Addict
Spoiler :

Demo
Spoiler :

City screen
Spoiler :

Our war fronts
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Kuala Lumpa is on the verge of falling. Remember to max the seige XP by using them first.

On the tech front I suggest running up to Economics. This will go really well with paying of our CS allies etc.

The Roster
Chimera1804
grandad1982
Cripp7 - up now
Spathage - on deck

The Save

Attachments

• SGGandhi_0180 AD-1200.Civ5Save
    704.8 KB · Views: 105
Just a suggestion: move for Osi first. You can then attack Onon at a much better angle. And you can surround it better.

Not sure going peace is a good idea as its another DoW towards "your a warmongering menace to the world" rating.

Kuala should fall next turn and we can send those guys S ASAP. There is a medic called... Medic get him surrounded to heal up nice and fast.

We should have 2/3 cannons in a turn or so (upgrade on Chem) and another in about 5 or so from the treb in Delhi.

I agree that our siege is better attakng from east to west due to the hills N of Onodaga. Just need to kept them protected!

IHT-
Take peace with Hiaw
Spoiler :

Turn 181-
Chemistry > Chivalry (4)
Bombard Kuala and capture with a rifle, make a Puppet out of it
Start moving some units towards Vija
Get some gold from Cathy
Spoiler :

Turn 182-
Cathy DENOUNCES Us!
Almaty if so please that Kuala is gone, they are now Allies!
Spoiler :

Turn 183-
Vija rifle > lancer
upgrade treb > cannon

Turn 184-
Hiawa denounced us! Will pay for it!
Embark horseman to scout west (Forgot we need Astro!)

Turn 185-
Chivalry > Banking (6)
Dehli cannon > rifle

Turn 186-
zzz

Turn 187-
Pata rifle > rifle

Turn 188-
zzz

Turn 189-
Harun deal
Spoiler :

Turn 190-
Banking > PP

Turn 191-
Vija lancer > harbor
Dehli rifle > colosseum
Peace deal ends

Stop here with army ready for combat. Have our units stationed at the border. We also have a -1 unhappy, Dehli is building a colosseum, we have 805:c5gold: to rushbuy a Circus or Colosseum
Spoiler army :

@granddad
Sorry about the peace deal, played before I saw your post.

Attachments

• SGGandhi_0191 AD-1310.Civ5Save
    726.7 KB · Views: 80
Holy cookies that's a much improved army from when I decimated it twenty turns ago. :D Nice work guys.

Sparthage, you get to use the ax.

Holy cookies that's a much improved army from when I decimated it twenty turns ago. :D Nice work guys.

Sparthage, you get to use the ax.

Upgrading those trebs helped, still need about 2 more cannons. I built Lancers for flanking out any worker/warrior units. Seems the only units he's using are cats & pikes, which rifles will do well against.

I can't believe the Cathy denounced us, I still don't understand the diplo mechanics in CiV like I do in CivIV. That's where granddad comes in! So Sparthage gets to have all the fun!:lol::lol::D

Nice prep cripp7.

Probably denounced us as we captured a CS. Also we are being generally threatening so she is probably a bit scared. Just checked the save its because we are a warmongering menace to the world (taking the CS pushed us over).

On the diplo front make sure you Denounce Hiawatha before we DoW as I think this reduces the diplo impact of the DoW with other AIs. We should see if Harun wants to sign a DoF.

I'd build the cannons in Delhi as we get 2 promos out the gate there and siege gains XP more slowly in the field than melee.

Spend some of our gold to keep Genoa our ally and maybe make one of our CS cultural friends and ally as well.

On the build fronts I would suggest a rifle or a bank in Vijay before the harbour (harbour is a good idea when we have better naval techs but not right now IMO) and a garden next in Vara.

Oh yeah. Its a bummer that the Forbidden Palace has been buit already. I'm getting curious as to what the other continent looks like! Astronomy could be handy post Economics...

Oh yeah. Its a bummer that the Forbidden Palace has been buit already. I'm getting curious as to what the other continent looks like! Astronomy could be handy post Economics...

Yes it would, I forgot about not having Astro and tried to send a knight out to sea. Eco then Astro, we need to find those other AIs

Top Bottom