Gandhi

zxcvbob

Emperor
I thought he never declared war where he could be labelled a warmonger. Today I finished a game I started a few days ago. I killed Rome in the ancient era when there's supposed to be no warmonger penalty, and Gandhi hated me for it anyway. But he got over that, and we were friends for a while. Much later in the game, I got my warmonger back on; I wanted to conquer America but they were allied with a powerful militaristic city state right on my borders -- so I declared war on the CS first and leveled-up my units capturing it before I DOW'd America. (the CS was harder to take than the American cities) Gandhi denounced me as soon as I declared war on the CS. I captured several American cities, but I stopped after I took Washington and left Teddy with a few nice cities. Then I went back to peaceful play.

Quite a bit later, Gandhi nukes one of the city states on my border and I see that I'm at war with him. He never did pop up on my screen and declare the war... I wonder if the DOW was automatic because the fallout from nuking the CS spilled over into my territory.

But why did he nuke the CS? I was 3 turns away from a science victory, so I just ignored him and won the game. (Japan was also close to a science victory, I wasn't sure which of us was gonna win) He nuked that poor CS several more times. Then I "just one more turned" and proceeded to wipe out India. Gandhi never would accept a peace treaty; I asked after every city I took.

Ghandi is nuke happy. :)

Nuke Happy is the secondary agenda that says a leader is likely to build and use nukes. Since nuclear missiles aren’t declarations of war (unless this changed in a patch), Ghandi wouldn’t incur warmonger penalties. I believe he incurs a special penalty, something like “You used a nuke”.

That sorta makes sense; but I thought he had to declare war on the CS to nuke it.

He does love his nukes. The second time he nuked it, he used a thermonuclear device. I sent a couple of my builders in to help clean up the CS and they died from the radiation. (guess I better read-up on nuclear fallout)

I've never been nuked by Ghandi. Not in civ 6 or any of the previous versions. :confused:

I've never been nuked by Ghandi. Not in civ 6 or any of the previous versions. :confused:

This was the first time for me, and he didn't nuke me directly, just contaminated one of my districts. (I've been nuked by China before in Civ 5) what surprised me here was that he wasn't at war with anyone. He either declared war on the city state (it was Carthage) or he just started lobbing nuclear missiles while not at war.

If he had put all the Operation Ivy production into the space race he might have won, because he was definitely competing on that front; was just one Mars project behind me and Hojo.

Maybe he was just trying to get rid of a barbarian camp. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom