Gangsters - Organized Crime

Nevordan

Chieftain
Anybody ever play this game before? It's a rather old game, but you can get it from Amazon.com for 10 bucks or less, or... well, you know.

This is one of those games that drives me crazy. I get about 10 weeks in, and everything is so chaotic, it feels like I have no hope, so I just start over.

The one thing that drives me up the wall, most of all... it seems that the other gangs can just come in, despite the fact that their headquarters are on the opposite side of the map, and just take my territory. And I can never take it back. Extorting, threatening, beating, smashing up... nothing works. I just don't understand this game. I have read the manual (which is a rather huge manual), and every guide on the internet, but nothing is helping with this.

Ahh, Gangsters... I could never quite get the hang of it either.

It's an enigma, I guess. The hardest thing I've found to do is keeping the hostility of your populace down so they don't leave the protection racket. But like I said, the AI opponents seem to not follow the rules. They are nowhere near me, and the rule is 3 or 4 tiles away from your territory, and it is very hard to extort. Not so with these guys. They just waltz in and take whatever they want, it seems.

Top Bottom